Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

Here's another odd thing...the uniform photos here show a different trim pattern on the sleeve logo than what I have as "official":

KansasCityRoyals_RUSL_2006_SOL.jpg

Makes me wonder which one is correct...

Is there a black drop shadow behind the KC? I was wondering where black was being kept in the whole scheme, so there's some sense behind the black alt.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a native Kansas Citian, all I can say is, "Happy, happy, joy, joy!" (dance) Not total joy that there is still a black jersey. :mad: But at least, most days of the season, they will be back to looking like the "Royals" should! They may induce wincing by their play, but at least, they won't look hideous on the field.

Here's the full annoucement from the Royals:

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...xt=.jsp&c_id=kc

01/27/2006 5:17 PM ET

Royals unveil new uniforms for 2006

Ballclub aims for more traditional look with changes

By Alan Eskew / Special to MLB.com

KANSAS CITY -- The Royals unveiled their new 2006 uniforms, which have a more traditional look, at their annual forecast luncheon on Friday.

The two home uniforms will say "Royals," while the two road uniforms will have "Kansas City" on the front. The lettering on the front will change from last year's block print to script.

"Basically, the goal of the uniform changes was to get back to more of a traditional look for the ballclub," said Dave Witty, the Royals' vice president of communications and marketing.

One of the key changes with the new uniform is the return to the crown logo. The Royals used a circular logo over the past few seasons.

"The crown logo will go back on the uniform sleeves," Witty said. "The gold in the crown has been magnified. Several teams have the circle logo, but no team in sports has that crown. We've had a couple of different logos and we're trying to go with the distinctive crown."

Witty said the changes "are not drastic" and that many fans on Opening Day might not notice some of the subtle changes.

The Royals have done away with the sleeveless look in all four uniforms. "We'll have sleeves," Witty said.

The Royals did keep the black jerseys for an alternate road top. Witty said the black jerseys were popular with the fans and the players like it. They will also have grey road uniforms. The home uniforms will be the traditional white with a blue alternate jersey.

"Another change is on the hat and batting helmet -- they are all blue," Witty said. "We eliminated the black out of the batting helmet. There still is a black jersey."

One other change will be small blue piping on the pants for home and road uniforms.

"We wanted to jazz up the pants more," Witty said. The Royals will wear black belts and black shoes.

Catcher John Buck and Royals captain Mike Sweeney modeled the jersey tops at the luncheon.

"I think they are good looking," Buck said. "I'm more of a traditionalist."

Buck said he campaigned for a return to the Royals' powder blue tops.

"We did look at the powder blue road uniforms, but this time we did not go that far," Witty said. "I receive a lot of e-mails and calls about bringing back the power blues."

Sweeney is glad to see the Royals switch uniform designs for another reason.

"Hopefully, the new uniforms will be a little more productive then the previous ones," Sweeney said. "I think maybe this is a symbol of a new start. We have new guys coming in. We have a new game plan the '06 season. Hopefully, the new uniforms will bring us more wins."

You're right, sorry about that! I'm hoping the team will be better, too. We're long overdue for a decent season.

I'm not crazy about the patch on the sleeve. I really like the crown, but the white background on the away & alts bothers me. Looks like they put the crown on a piece of white felt before they sewed it to the sleeve. Maybe they did that to make the patch stand out, but to me it doesn't look clean.

The Royals will wear black belts and black shoes.

:blink:

Shoes I get, but black belts?

Leather matches leather. It may sound strange now, but it would look even stranger to have blue leather belts and black shoes. So as long as they're going for traditional black shoes, you more or less need to pair them with black belts.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Royals will wear black belts and black shoes.

:blink:

Shoes I get, but black belts?

Marital arts training in spring training? :blink:

Close, but not quite. The Royals will soon announce they are signing Izzy Alcantara. Quick question...since they are keeping the black alternate, does this mean that the BP hats (the 3930's) will still have the black bill? This is the only thing the team has done with the black that I really like.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Quick question...since they are keeping the black alternate, does this mean that the BP hats (the 3930's) will still have the black bill? This is the only thing the team has done with the black that I really like.

It looks like the BP cap is very similar to the standard cap...Royal Blue cap, Royal Blue brim, White button...

It looks like the BP cap is very similar to the standard cap...Royal Blue cap, Royal Blue brim, White button...

I kind of like that, if for no other reason than we get a version of the home cap that's low profile.

Any hope that the Brewers will have BP versions of their Retro Sunday uniforms?

I just checked out the Kansas CIty Royal team website where they have the new uniforms on display.

Real nice! ( I do wish they would have brought back the power blue road uniforms though)

All the black has been removed from the helmets but they say they kept a black alternate road jersey because the fans and players liked it.

They kept a blue alternate home jersey and otherwise went to the traditional look.

Nice move KC!

From what I've heard the Royals will not have a BP/Spring Training cap. They will just use their all blue game cap full time. If you ever want a low profile cap, New Era makes low profile 5950's.

But not for all teams.

If they made a low-profile version of the Brewers' Sunday Retro cap, I'd buy 10. So far, no luck.

From what I've heard the Royals will not have a BP/Spring Training cap. They will just use their all blue game cap full time. If you ever want a low profile cap, New Era makes low profile 5950's.

They will make one though, because unless the Cardinals switched in mid-season last year, they started producing Cards BP 3930's, even though the team still used the mesh 5950's from a few years back.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived