Nhl's vintage hockey promotion

yh

The NHL released the 2003-2004 schedule this afternoon.  The Blues have announced that they will be participating in the league's Vintage Hockey promotion and will wear throwback uniforms -- but only twice and both against the Kings.  Earlier reports had suggested they'd wear throwbacks against more teams and that the uniforms would be the original 1967-68 models.  The team is reporting that the sweaters will actually be the 1979-1983 models.

I don't have time to check every team's site and I understand that there may only be as few as 6 teams participating in the promotion, so I'll be interested to hear what you all are finding out in your respective markets about your hometown or favorite teams.

It will be a crime if the "original 6" don't wear the vintage stuff.  Socks too!

I hope the Devils will wear the KC Scouts & the Colorado Rockies as their vintage "hockey nites" :laugh:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It will be a crime if the "original 6" don't wear the vintage stuff. Socks too!

I hope the Devils will wear the KC Scouts & the Colorado Rockies as their vintage "hockey nites" :laugh:

Then a crime will be committed, as the two best throwbacks (Detroit and Chicago) aren't being worn.  What a waste of a perfectly good promotion.

jkrdevil

True, the devils need to wear the greens. Don't forget where their roots came from.  If they did wear one of the two, KC or Colo., they'd wear the Rockies_just makes sense.

I'd vote for the ole green ones - I remember Ken Daneko in them.  Fact I have some old hockey cards with him and a few teammate wearing them.

good point - I'm just wishing :;):

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Although i love BOTH the Scouts and Rockies jerseys.. (i want them so bad), THey shouldn't wear them. The Devils have their own history now... they aren't the Rockies that moved or anything like that, with three cups, and the success they have had, the Devils history began on June 30th, 1982, not before.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

OK, I'm taking my own thread off topic but I've always felt like the Blues and Devils should play a pre-season game in Kansas City and have the Devils wear Scouts uniforms that could be auctioned off for charity afterward.  With the whole Shanny-gate debacle more than a decade behind them (if you leave out the legacy of draft picks, that is), it would be nice to see the two teams actually get together on something positive.

Archived