Cincy Reds Caps...Suspicious

rmackman

I know they sell the all red version of the Reds caps. In fact, I own one. However, I have yet to see them wear it on the field. It seems they only wear the red cap/black visor or the black cap/red visor. Why have the all solid red cap (the best looking one) and not ever wear it?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Its supposed to be for the alt jersey. last year they wore it with the alt, but this year on at least one occasion they wore the regular home with the alt.

By "all-red", does it still have the black drop shadow behind the "C-wishbone", or is it like the one they wore back in the '80s with the pullover jerseys? I had that hat, and loved it (a guy from my hometown in NJ pitched for the Reds, I liked the mascot, and these things were enough to form a bond with the team).

And I'll echo simpsontide - the more red worn by the Cincinnati REDS, the better. Someone pass the memo to the Toronto Graphite Jays, please... :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I saw the Reds play in ther alt. jerseys wearing the black billed hats. I don't remember seeing the all red hat this season at all. I also am a fan of the REDS wearing RED and not black. The shadow is okay though.

The Good

pMLB2-1669883reg.jpg

The Bad

pMLB2-1670141reg.jpg

The Ugly

pMLB2-1670154reg.jpg

And Let's not forget...The other uglies

pMLB2-1669722reg.jpgpMLB2-1669625reg.jpgpMLB2-1670410reg.jpgpMLB2-1670536reg.jpg

It wouldn't let me add anymore images...but I'd even consider the Rockies black with purpole visor cap here b/c it just fits with the group (Even though Colorado always had black). IT'S CALLED UNORIGINALITY!!!! :cursing:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The overextensive use of black caps on teams that don't have black as part of their traditional colors is bad. But for some reason, as repulsive as I find them, they're not as bad as the gray roadies that Pirates, Orioles and Royals bustewd out about 10 years ago.

Wow - the Royals made one person's all-Ugly team with their black caps, and made my different all-Ugly team for going with the gray caps. And the ironic thing, is their plain, original royal blue caps with the white "KC" monogram are one of my all-time favorite hats. It was my 2nd fitted hat, back when I was like 10. If only I could still squeeze into a 6 7/8, I could wear it... and I would have a pinhead. :hockeysmiley:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

however I do like the Astros orange sand colored hats. Normally I'd say its crap, but no other team has that color, therefore it's cool! Every team seems to be either a shade of blue or black. A few red and a few green. Astros should wear the orange hats more.

spacer.png

however I do like the Astros orange sand colored hats. Normally I'd say its crap, but no other team has that color, therefore it's cool! Every team seems to be either a shade of blue or black. A few red and a few green. Astros should wear the orange hats more.

They have sand colored hats?

I always thought that "sand" referred to the beige color that is used mostly for trim; it's the background color for the Astros' secondary logo that's shaped like Texas.

Their regular hats are black (they couldn't come up with a catchier name for black, like "desert onyx"? I mean, they made tan into "sand", and red into "brick"... :rolleyes: ), and their alternate hats are that red ("brick") color. I've never seen the sand hats you mentioned, bgmack... unless you're talking about the brick/red/orange hats I was calling brick, like their online store does.

And can't we just go back to the easy names for colors? No more claret, no more saffron (sorry, PANTONE...). Less romantic and descriptive, but easier for us all to understand each other.

2007nleastchamps.png

I kinda like the Black and Green Devil Rays hat. They should use that one on the road, the solid green (but with white letters) at home full time, and ditch the all black. The more green the better!

As for the Reds... the more red the better! Those hats are fantastic, but I dont totally hate the other two.

This is the orange/brick/sand color hat I was talking about. How about reddish orange? How's that sound?

pMLB2-1670353reg.jpg

spacer.png

The all-red with black drop shadow was added in 1999, and as far as I can remember (longtime Reds fan here), they've only been worn twice ever, both times in 2000. In '99 the team started wearing the black crown-red bill abominations after a ten-game win streak or something, even wearing the black undershirts at home. In 2000 the red-crowned ones were actually used, and were worn for a day game in May against the Dodgers (I think it was Mother's Day) and an August game against the Pirates that I actually went to. They lost them both and as far as I know, they haven't been seen since.

Archived