The University of Wisconsin Uniforms

jtsteward

It's interesting that the one time Bucky Badger soloed on the helmets (late 60s) was the period of the worst teams in Badgers history.

It might be interesting to see a modernized version of the early 60s helmets with the W on the forehead and back and numbers on the side. That would certainly be distinctive.

About the only change I'd make is putting Bucky on the sleeves instead of stripes.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Seems to me Wisconsin should be using a darker shade of red, probably the same as the Arizona Cardinals or U of Arkansas. Watching the last Outback Bowl I couldn't tell much, if any, difference between Wisconsin's cardinal and Georgia's just plain "red":

TPS10101011759.jpg

tzch6.jpg

Hmm. The motion-sickness W is about the only thing in Wisconsin's scheme that needs changing.

Personally that logo is what seperates UW-Madison from the other UW(University of Washington). Washington has a Block W for everything out Motion W is awesome. I loved when Barry Alvarez had that put on the Helmets. THat CAN'T BE TOUCHED!!

Seems to me Wisconsin should be using a darker shade of red, probably the same as the Arizona Cardinals or U of Arkansas. Watching the last Outback Bowl I couldn't tell much, if any, difference between Wisconsin's cardinal and Georgia's just plain "red":

TPS10101011759.jpg

Wisconsin red is Pantone 200. According to the University of Georgia, the offical Pantone red is 200. But I have found 185 red and 485 red from various athletic publications. It's very possible that the two schools wear the same fabric color red for the football jerseys.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wasn't it Wisconsin (could have been NCState) that changed their pants stripes for one season in the early 90's to a pattern that got really fat around the knees? Or did I imagine the whole thing? (it happens.)

I think that was NC State in the 1994 Peach Bowl. Couldn't find a picture though.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I can tell ya though, I think several black schools had that style of pants in the mid 90s-I'm not too sure about Grambling's, though I doubt that was teh case (and that's considering the last set worn under coach Rob was crazy...and also the last Grambling uni that used red). I know Bethune Cookman and possibly Delaware State had pant stripes that got fat around the knees at one point...BCC's were similar to the Skins IIRC.

and oh yeah, UW's "cardinal" usually is never as dark as the shade Stanford and the Cardinals use. for one, we'd look like Indiana. I figure the darkest UW could feasibly go would be somewhere in the neighborhood of Bama crimson-any darker and our red would be indistinguishable from Indiana crimson or Minnesota maroon.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I may be wrong about this, but I think the Badgers did in fact wear a darker shade of red until about 1980 or so, when Dave McClain was their coach. The UW's athletic Web site has few color photos from those days, but I seem to recall seeing motion pictures of their three losing Rose Bowls where the red was darker, and I started going to games in the early '70s, before the lightening took place. Rumor at the Badger Nation Web site is that UW is phasing in a darker cardinal, something closer to the paint on the floor at the Kohl Center than their current football jerseys.

Packers-2.png

Archived