The University of Wisconsin Uniforms

jtsteward

Does anyone have any ideas foa a NEW University of Wisconsin-Madison Football uniform? I think they should go to something new. Thank god they are adidas so the NIKE piping doesn't attck them like everyother school in the NCAA that has football. Damn Miami looks just like Va-Tech, Arizona, Oregon State, and Utah among others. They only difference are the schools colors. So does anyone have a good idea or concept for their uniforms. I have non I am so blank for ideas. But the UW is need of a serious makeover. They have had the same concept FOREVER. But, please if you do attempt leave the motion W on the helmet please.

I would not like to see a big change. I hope they don't add black outlines.

Perhaps the White numbers can be on Red then on white outlines (if you know what I am saying.

Other than that, maybe some tweaking of the sleeve stripes or removing the "W" from the shoulder.

No touching the helmet, though. I think they are the best in the country.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think they should use their custom athletics font that appears on the basketball uniforms as the featured font on the football uniforms, black drop shadow optional.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

No one else has complained, so why change? Are they planning on changing the uniforms anytime soon? The Badgers have pretty good uniforms to me, and usually the complaints about uniforms come after a team has changed, not because a team stayed the same. To me, any team that does not think it has to be a slave to change is a good one.

I think they should use their custom athletics font that appears on the basketball uniforms as the featured font on the football uniforms, black drop shadow optional.

That would be Aachen Bold. Not a custom font, though I only know of Maryland using this font for wordmark and uniforms. And the Nuggets.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

only real complaint I've made was that we look like Nebraska...or do they look like us? :ninja:

and ya didn't really need to put down the -Madison part, if ya just say Wisconsin most everybody knows you're talkin about Madison anyway...just like no UT fan puts down Tennessee-Knoxville, or no Texas fan puts down Texas-Austin. Heck, no California State-Fresno fan puts that cumbersome name on their signs (everybody knows them by a slightly different name ;) )

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Lest you forget, Discrimihater, that Wisconsin head coach Barry Alvarez is a Nebraska grad, and played under Bob Devaney in the 60's. The fact that both schools are adidas schools is coinidence. But I'm sure Barry looked at NU and took good notes. The only difference is a railroad track stripe on the helmet instead of the single electrical-tape stripe down the helmet.

What's wrong with their current uniforms? Other than being generic, a ripoff of Nebraska, and clearly hastily thrown together, and an excessively light shade of red, and the red on their jerseys not matching the red on their helmets, they're great.

Alvarez said he wanted to simplify the previous uniforms (they had the old W-Bucky -- a Bucky Badger logo superimposed over a W -- superimposed over two stripes, plus black-outlined numbers; see HERE). Fine. But how they did it is not how to do it. They could have gone back to the early '70s and taken all stripes off the jerseys, similar to the old St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals red jerseys (see HERE). Or they could have gone back to the '60s, with contrast-color cuffs (see HERE, which reportedly is going to be their look for their first home game this year). Instead, they went with two thin stripes on the biceps, and, thanks to the trend of wearing the jerseys as tight as possible with short sleeves, THIS is how they look, which is not impressive -- the stripes don't go all the way around the sleeve and aren't straight either. Add to it their odd policy about their red pants (they seem to wear them based on the phases of the moon), and you can see that their larger players look like the Michelin Man on the road.

Packers-2.png

I think Bucky should be brought back into the mix. Beyond that, they have good uniforms. I wouldn't care if they incorporated a little bit of black, since it is already used in the logo. Otherwise, I'd leave it alone.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

That would be Aachen Bold. Not a custom font, though I only know of Maryland using this font for wordmark and uniforms. And the Nuggets.

Missouri hoops also uses Aachen Bold, though the football team never took to it. I wish more schools would do that - with so many schools sharing colors, having common fonts for lettering and numbering can really unify the school's package. Colorado just did it, and I like it, even though I liked Colorado's most recent hoops uniforms.

I like PackerBadger's concept; I just hope that they rely on the all-red "blood clot" sets less and less. Monochrome isn't any better just because it's done in school colors... :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They have worn what I call the "Barry and the Blood Clots" look in two games, both before Alvarez -- 1985 vs. Michigan State in a blizzard (lost), and 1988 or 1989 vs. Iowa (also a loss). For some strange reason, the Cardinal team does wear the red pants (as does the White team) during the Cardinal-White scrimmage.

The thought I had was to limit the all-red look to, say, Homecoming as a tribute to their way-back past (I think they wore all-red in the early '50s, which would be the Alan Ameche days).

Packers-2.png

Only change I would like to see is a match of their helmet red to the uniforms red.

It is glaring in the difference. The helmet red is much darker and better. I have seen them play many times and cringe every time they come out of the locker.

Even in driving rain the unis are stll lighter then the red in helmets. I thought it was an illusion with the helmet logo having a black shadow, however, the difference can be seen with the stripes on helmet also.

Wasn't it Wisconsin (could have been NCState) that changed their pants stripes for one season in the early 90's to a pattern that got really fat around the knees? Or did I imagine the whole thing? (it happens.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wasn't it Wisconsin (could have been NCState) that changed their pants stripes for one season in the early 90's to a pattern that got really fat around the knees? Or did I imagine the whole thing? (it happens.)

You might be thinking of Washington State.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

You might be thinking of Washington State.

I'm 100% that it was either Wisc. or NCSU. I can't find any pics to back me up, though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

sorry bud, wasn't Bucky. the pants haven't really changed since UW started using em, only change I know of's been adding the W to the pants.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived