hockey's comeback

it seems as if the nhl is closer and closer each day to resolving the lockout. the only problem is, for me at least, i may not have a team next year. the blues cannot leave. as this long labor dispute finally comes to an end, some teams will be under new ownership and possibly have new homes, like the blues and penguins. las vegas, kansas city, bangor maine, hartford and even winnipeg would all love an nhl franchise. maybe it's just me, but i find it ironic that i have been so anxious for hockey to resume, but now i'm rather pessimistic as to whether we will have hockey back in STL next year, while the rest of the league is playing.

Whats your source teh NHL is close toa deal? Until one is reached I wont beleive I see the chances of a a full seaosn being remote both sides are so stupid.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Better yet, what makes you think the Blues will leave St. Louis, and that great barn? I realize there's new ownership, but come-on. I'd be more apt to believe there'll be NHL hockey next year than believe the Blues are going to move...

Moose

The Lauries have also said in reports that they'd like to find local owners who would keep the club in STL. I know that's no guarantee, but I think that both the Lauries and the NHL wouldn't let the Blues leave St. Louis without a fight.

As for negotiations, the fact that both sides have been having marathon sessions for the past few weeks, and another 28 hours of bargaining this past week, has got to be a positive sign. I'd say there is reason for optimism that we will have hockey next season, but like Tank said, I won't believe anything until I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Bangor, Maine......you gotta be kidding me, they probably only have enough people in the state to fill an arena...lol :P

Well, hockey is pretty big in Maine, with the University of Maine Black Bears (who have won a couple of NCAA championships, and is the alma mater of Paul Kariya, I believe), the Lewiston MAINE-iacs of the QMJHL (hate that name), and formerly the AHL's Portland Pirates.

But if the Blues did move to Bangor, I think they should call them the Maine Attractions ... or the Maine Event ... or, my favourite, the Maine Offenders.

hives.jpg

:D

it seems as if the nhl is closer and closer each day to resolving the lockout.

lol. as long as the a$$ monkey that is gary bettman is in charge nothing major will get done.

as for the teams that get the ax, stl will probablly stay. teams like florida, nashville, and carolina need to go, though.

Bangor, that's a joke right. I would like to see Oklahoma City get a team. (NO JOKE) They have supported AA hockey for years, they deserve AAA team at least. Winnipeg and Hamilton I would love to see get teams. Florida (Miami) market isn't working IMO. Carolina, a move back to Hartford. Atlanta and Columbus have worked wonders. Good moves. I hate to say it but Pittsburgh needs a new arena or move 'em. They need a new arena to survive. Along, with New Jersey. I love the Devils, the jerseys and organzation is classy. Nashville could either fold or move along with Florida, we would have a nice 28 team league.

Anyone check out the ESPNHL? It's cool what ESPN thought of. Even though they dropped the NHL like it was cold. :D Could you see anything that would help the NHL? I think the NHL should find out how to market players/teams.

Archived