new brew crew

Krona

The corny nickname on the alternate,

Read the whole thread, that's not an alt, it's the BP.

Moose

Sorry, I mistyped.

Not that it really matters to me. BP or alternate, I still think including an informal nickname on any on-field apparel is incredibly bush-league.

I don't want to see "Tribe," "Redbirds," "Bronx Bombers," "Amazin's" or any of the others on game jerseys, BP jerseys, caps, jackets or anything else.

That's what I like about it. It gives a place for the informal, without going "in-game." (Of course, I think MLB should never allow BP jerseys to be worn in a game, but that's another topic all together) Plus, what CC97 said, that's how nicknames started in the first place. Fans, or newspapers would have called the, for example (and yes, I know the Brewers came after this practice ended, I'm just using it as an example), Milwaukee Nationals, the "Brewers," and the name stuck. The BP jersey is a great place to try out "Brew Crew" with out ruining the history of the Brewers name. Besides, it's not like they have the history of the Cubs or Yankees... :P

Moose

Not that it really matters to me.  BP or alternate, I still think including an informal nickname on any on-field apparel is incredibly bush-league.

I don't want to see "Tribe," "Redbirds," "Bronx Bombers," "Amazin's" or any of the others on BP jerseys or alternates.

Isn't that how most of our present day nicknames came to be?

Well, kinda.

Nicknames didn't appear on uniforms until they were official. That is, of course, why old-school teams like the Yankees and the Tigers still don't have the nickname on their uniforms.

There's a slight difference between an official nickname like "Angels" and an unofficial nickname like "Halos" when it comes to the uniforms.

It's minor league. And while the Brewers may play like a minor league team, we shouldn't encourage them to look like a minor league team any more than they already do.

The one hat harkens back to the days when they were the Seattle Pilots, only you used wheat instead. I gotta say font on jerseys looks cool, but I really think the plain M on hats is boring and doesn't work. I just not sure about this one?

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

No matter what some others say, your wordmarks look anything but "cartoonish." In fact they look very professional. And I really like the cap with the wheat on the bill. Add it to all of your caps.

A couple things I overlooked earlier. You need some trim on the white jersey, pants and grey pants. Looks too plain without it. And stick with royal blue all the way.

Stick with it. You've got a winner! :P

just to clear a few things up:

brew crew is on the bp, and i did preface it by saying it was out there, just having fun with it.

i'll respond to the minor league comment by saying that there isnt a cartoon beer meister anywhere on the set. if anything, id say i left it a bit plain (no outlines on numbers, plain m on cap:btw a nod to one of the best all time caps, the milwaukee braves.) i did this to keep it traditional, not bush league.

my regret is that i put drop shadows on the script. it may be why it reads "cartoony" to some. a bit poofy.

thanks for the feedback, i look forward to getting more stuff out there. for those who liked this, you'll enjoy my angels concept. those of you that thought this was bush league, you'll absolutely hate it.

I agree with this. While it is a fun and interesting idea, I don't think a nickname assigned by sportscasters/sports radio/the fans/whomever should go on a professional jersey.

But yet there are people pushing to put the bulldog that stands for the Cleveland Browns' end-zone fans (The Dawg Pound... it's not even a nickname for the team, for God's sake!) on their helmets. :mad:

Overall, I like it. A lot. And I know you were having fun with the BP, but I wouldn't want to see it. And it's my personal taste, but the two shades of blue are too close to be strikingly different, but not similar enough not to appear inconsistent. I'd pick one or the other - either one will do. But it looks like you weren't paying attention when you designed these, and the blue were supposed to be the same color. I know it was done on purpose, but still - it never looks right to me.

I like the Wisconsin logo; maybe that should be on the cap instead of the plainer nod to the past? It's something that you don't see on game-worn hats, and wouldn't look bad. As for the wheat, I'd try and add wheat elsewhere, the brims aren't the place for it. Maybe as an underline beneath the wordmarks on the jersey fronts?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived