Opinion on new team jerseys

Reaper98

Hello, everyone. I'm going to let you guys in on some concepts that are currently being reviewed for use next season by the Calgary PowerHockey League. The two teams in question are the Thunder and Vipers. As each team will only have one jersey set (no home and away) only one jersey design will be used per team.

The page can be found at: http://www.powerhockey.ca/jerseys/

What do you guys think?

I'd go with the Edmonton alternate for the Thunder.  As for the Vipers, none of them are really striking me.  What about something like the Calgary whites?

Nice logos, by the way.  Simple, which is just fine for a league like that, but still sharp.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'd go with the Edmonton alternate for the Thunder. As for the Vipers, none of them are really striking me. What about something like the Calgary whites?

Nice logos, by the way. Simple, which is just fine for a league like that, but still sharp.

Unfortunately, the Calgary whites wouldn't be an option as we already have a Flames team that uses the Calgary black jerseys.  So, it might look a little "off" if the two teams were to play each other.

I'm not real partial to the Vipers' logo, myself.  I have such a hard time doing good concepts for snakes, lizards, etc.  Most of the time, they end up looking very monsterish and not in a good way.  There's just not that many original ways to draw snakes anymore.  (at least in my opinion.)

I made the logos relatively simple because I had to keep the final cost in mind.  The crests will be made with tackle twill and embroidery so I didn't want them to run too expensive.  Once you cross the $35 mark on a crest it gets a little pricey for an amateur team. :)

Twill/embroidered?  Talk about goin' all out. :;): ($35 CDN or US?)

Hm... I'm just thinking red would look good.  Maybe Carolina or Florida?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My top three choices for each are:

Thunder

1) Edmonton Oilers Alternate

2) Vancouver Canucks Away

3) New York Islanders Away

The Oilers Alternate and Canucks Away color schemes best serve this particular identity. The Islanders Away jersey would do in a pinch. However, I believe the top two choices would clearly be superior. It's a toss-up between whether you want the simplicity of the Oilers Alternate, or the "pop" that the red in the Canucks Away brings to the overall design.

1) Anaheim Mighty Ducks Home

2) Hartford Whalers Home

3) Minnesota Wild Home

The Wild Home jersey is my favorite design of the three for this particular identity. Probably because it strikes me as having the simplest striping pattern However, I feel that their color scheme might better serve the logo if you flip-flopped the green and tan in the snake's (head = green, inside of mouth = tan). IMHO, the Mighty Ducks  Home and Hartford Whalers Home color schemes clearly lend themselves to this identity in an exceptional way.

Brian in Boston

Twill/embroidered? Talk about goin' all out. :;): ($35 CDN or US?)

Hm... I'm just thinking red would look good. Maybe Carolina or Florida?

Yeah, the twill/embroidery is very cool.  The extra touch is nice because the CPHL is the only available league for its players and the "pro-feel" helps to complete the hockey experience.

Unfortunately, the CPHL Demons already use a predominantly red jersey (Ottawa Senators Away) so the Vipers or Thunder couldn't use the same colour as them.

But, for my money, I like the way the Vipers logo looks on the Philadelphia Home jersey.  :)

I like the Oilers or Canucks for the Thunder.  The addition of red in the logo makes it stand out.

As for the Vipers, I'd nix them all, and go with the Coyotes scheme.  I think that would fit in perfectly.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Being partial to orange, I would go with the Islander's colors for the Thunder and the Flyers' colros for the Vipers.  But I think there needs to be something else on the Viper's sweaters, they seem just a little too empty.  I also like the Edmonton colors for the Thunder.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

Being partial to orange, I would go with the Islander's colors for the Thunder and the Flyers' colors for the Vipers. But I think there needs to be something else on the Viper's sweaters, they seem just a little too empty. I also like the Edmonton colors for the Thunder.

While the league can't really afford a secondary logo for the shoulders it certainly would be nice to have something there.  

However, the addition of some more stylized 3 colour sleeve numbers really helps the designs not seem so sparse. :)

As for the Vipers, I'd nix them all, and go with the Coyotes scheme. I think that would fit in perfectly.

I agree that the Coyotes' current uniform would look good but there are two very good reasons why I didn't use it.

1) The Coyotes' jersey has a very "Southwestern United States" feel to it.  One of my pet peeves is when teams have names or uniforms that just don't fit their location (i.e. Sharks in inland cities, etc.).  Being in Canada, the whole Southwest thing didn't seem to jive well for me.

2) The Coyotes' jersey is being dropped by the NHL team.  Using it afterwards might make it seem a bit dated.

Archived