Home Alt Jersey Concepts: AL West (Part 3 of 6)

kingssss

But shouldn't alternates be 'alternate'? Your designs across all the divisions pretty much look the same so far.

Yea, i just made every teams alternate have the same type of design. im not really thinkin that every team would have these alternates but if a few teams did have alternate jerseys, these would be it. if that makes sense.

teamsnew2.png

I don't know. The sleeve combinations don't seem to work, and I'm not crazy about the 2 sleeve patches. Just use the logo, because a wordmark as a sleeve patch doesn't work.

VmWIn6B.png

Since I put in my 2 cents on the other divisions, might as well go here.

Before I begin, boardname has a good point - your alternates are becoming very formulaic: sleeveless, crest logo on left chest, number on right torso, wordmark on undersleeve, colored sanitaries. I'm all for developing a style, but if all 30 teams went to this, the concept of having an "alternate" would be lost to conformity. That being said...

ANGELS: Maybe an all-navy hat, to break up all that eye-searing red.

A's: Logo overkill! 4 different insignias on the hat and top combined (wordmark sleeve patch, elephant cap logo, circular "Oakland Athletics" logo on other shoulder, full elephant on jersey). And I think Little League when I see yellow baseball jerseys. My least favorite so far.

M's: My favorite so far. These I could see someone wearing. And selling well. I don't know about teal stirrups over navy sanitaries; white sanis might work better and look less like a dark mass.

RANGERS: Jersey needs a little more white - outline the flag, white numbers, something. And unless you're wearing white stirrups, the sanitaries shouldn't be darker than the stirrups that go on over them. These are really close to being another exceptionally good set.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm all for developing a style, but if all 30 teams went to this, the concept of having an "alternate" would be lost to conformity.

Once again, like i already said, this would NOT be a league-wide jersey, like homes and aways, this is pretty much just a concept for each team if they developed an alt that looked like this. so, no, the idea of "alternates" would not be lost.

Here are some revisions, the main one being the wordmark 2nd patch taken away:

LAA (w/all navy hat)

OAK (all green and only 2 logos)

SEA

TEX (some white outlining on # and flag)

teamsnew2.png

Use white numbers on the Rangers and Angels. They'll look much better. Good job though so far!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

A few words of wisdom. On baseball uniforms scripts don't look good on the sleeve and sleeve patches don't look good anywhere but the sleeve. Any logo with a ball in it shouldn't go anywhere but the sleeve. It looks bad anywhere else. Also you tend to put the numbers too low.

Archived