Home Alt Jersey Concepts: NL East (Part 4 of 6)

kingssss

So here is the NL East. Yes, I am still going division by division even though not many of you have loved these concepts so far.

Before i give you the links, i would love to clarify a few things:

1) Some have said that if all the teams take these concepts, the meaning of "alternate" jerseys would be lost. I am not suggesting that every team takes these.....these are just options of alternate jerseys that i made for each team.

2) If I have 2 concepts for a team, they would not have both, these are just 2 different options.

3) I understand almost none of you like a 2nd sleeve patch, and none of you like wordmarks as patches. But i left them on.

4) I know i may use too many different logos on a jersey....and i may put the numbers too low.

So I am not saying you cannot comment on any of this, cuz C&C is welcomed, but i do understand some of the things that you may not like.

Thank you for listening to this wonderful speech. :PB)

Part IV: NL East

Atlanta Braves

New York Mets

Washington Nationals I

Washington Nationals II

Philadelphia Phillies

Florida Marlins I

Florida Marlins II (even though a wordmark is on the cap....and i know that doesnt look real good B) )

Links to all other parts posted so far:

Part I: AL East

Part II: AL Central

Part III: AL West

teamsnew2.png

pssst the Marlins are in the NL East, the Pirates in the central!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

My 2 cents on your little speech:

I understand what your idea is here - to supply possible alternate jerseys for every team. While I can't speak for everyone, my complaint with this is that ALL 30 alternates are based on an identical template. On the other hand, consider this: every team has a white jersey they wear at home. But within the parameters of having to have a white jersey, there is a lot of variety. Some teams wear monograms (Tigers, Yankees). Some have logos (Cubs). Lettering can be script (Dodgers, Mets, Brewers, among others). Or radial arched block letters (Giants, Red Sox). Or vertical arched letters (Pirates, Angels). Or block letters on an angle (D-Backs). Some teams have graphics (Braves, Cardinals). You're just taking one pattern and extrapolating it for 30 teams. No variety, which is what I think people are having a hard time dealing with.

As to NL East specifics:

BRAVES: They wear navy, not royal blue. The patch on the right shoulder has the wordmark in the proper navy, but the jersey is far lighter than that.

METS: Black embroidery (dark color) on blue jersey (dark color). Not enough white or orange for contrast, the details get lost.

NATS: Like the first. The 2nd opens up the "Omigod, the cap monogram is a 'DC' and it's in block letters but the jersey hasa script 'W'" can of worms, which has been beaten to death on these boards. Beware the fallout... :P

PHILS: Like 'em, out of this division.

MARLINS: Set 1 - see Nats' 2nd jersey; Set 2 - not feelin' these at all. My least favorite.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You're just taking one pattern and extrapolating it for 30 teams. No variety, which is what I think people are having a hard time dealing with.

Bingo. A team's concept needs something that's unique to the franchise. It needs to have a personality. Your strategy with using the same design on every concept doesn't really follow that rule.

Archived