Dbacks Purple Jerseys

oddball

Does anyone remember or have a good pic of the name and numbers (both front and back) of the Diamondbacks purple jerseys? I've done research, and can't find anything on the jerseys.

I have one. The number and letter font is the same as the D-Backs use today (Eriq Jaffe posted a truetype font set of these somewhere on this board). The front number and the back letters are what the R.J. Leibe Co's color chart calls "glitter copper" outlined in white. The back number is also "glitter copper" but with a teal outline followed by a white outline.

The front numbers are 4 1/2 inches tall. The back lettering is 3 1/8 inches tall and the back numbers are 7 3/8 inches tall. All of these measurements are of the number with the outline.

I found some small pictures of Matt Williams in the purple jersey here.

Upon doing some further research, there were two different versions of the D-Backs purple jersey. The one I've listed above was the last version.

Version 1 had "Arizona" in Purple outlined in glitter copper, teal and black. Version 2 had "Arizona" in Teal outlined in white, glitter copper and black. The only difference in the lettering between the two versions is on the back number. In version 1, the glitter copper number had a purple outline in place of the teal outline in version 2.

Thanks for the info SJ, that was exactly what I needed. Pretty much all my references were the same ones that boardname posted, and I knew that Gonzo jersey with purple name and numbers was wrong, but couldn't find any proof. :D

I just bought one of those jerseys. The back was actually done in teal/jade and then I think the copper came in (with names and front numbers the following year.)

FYI, Arizona was never in black. The card looks like it got "shadows" of the teal.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

lg_stottlemyre_all.jpg

test4.jpg

BBBACKS02.jpg

There were 2 versions of the purple.

The first year (1998) the letters & numbers were teal.

From 99-2003 they had copper numbers and leters. The "Arizona" on the front was always teal.

The one posted with purple numbers and letters does not have the authentic numbering.

Actually, I have both versions of this jersey. The first one (1998) had Arizona in Purple lettering with a black, teal, and white outline. The patch on the left sleeve was the old Arizona Diamondbacks baseball logo. This jersey had teal numbering and lettering. In 1999, they switched to the teal Arizona and Copper numbers and letters. I believe the reason for the switch was complates from the stands that the Arizona and the teal numbers on purple was not legible from far distances.

Archived