LOGOLYMPIAD: Event 13

EVENT 13: Consumer Product

My restaurant franchise partner-in-crime, Shark, has opted to sink his half of the Bar-B-Coon fortune into a research company in San Jose. After weeks of experiments and the miracle of complete fantasy, they?ve developed low-cost plastic packaging that looks like a regular bottle, but keeps its contents cold using a revolutionary solar powered coolant. Eager to capitalize on this new invention, Shark is launching a line of sports drinks called Cold Fuel. While the packaging makes this drink ideal for anyone who spends long periods of time engaged in outdoor activities, he?ll need a good label to make sure everyone notices it on the shelf.

Design a set of 3 labels, one for each of the first 3 flavors: cherry-lime, lemonade and orange. Customers are in a hurry, so make sure they can determine it?s the brand they want and the flavor they want without having to study the packaging for too long. That means you?ll need consistency across all 3, with a certain degree of individuality between them.

Shark?s secretary sent us the bottle template:

Illustrator version

PNG file

Deadline: Tuesday, August 2nd, 6:00 PM EDT

Submit entries to logolympiad@sbcglobal.net

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Question. Can we print out the template, draw our design with pencils and then take a pic of it and send it to you?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Customers are in a hurry, so make sure they can determine it?s the brand they want and the flavor they want without having to study the packaging for too long.

unlike those DIET drinks like Jones Cola and SOBE who barely differenciate themselves from their non-diet couterparts...

I don't find the Aspartane taste quite refreshing

:(

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Customers are in a hurry, so make sure they can determine it?s the brand they want and the flavor they want without having to study the packaging for too long.

unlike those DIET drinks like Jones Cola and SOBE who barely differenciate themselves from their non-diet couterparts...

What are you talking about? It's quite simple to tell the difference between regular and diet SoBe drinks.

:P

Question. Can we print out the template, draw our design with pencils and then take a pic of it and send it to you?

Yes.

Although I'd strongly reccommend having someone scan it, rather than taking a picture.

Damn, I don't have a scanner, but I'll try to clean it up before I send it to you.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

What are you talking about? It's quite simple to tell the difference between regular and diet SoBe drinks.

:P

The LEAN Line seems new to me, I've never seen it on the shelves.

The Orange/Carrot ELIXR was once available in a sugar-free version (aspartane base) and the only difference on the labe was teh word Sugar-Free or diet and maby a white outline to the lettering...

Trust me, I hated it.... the taste is "counter-quenching " to me.

:grin:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived