Cowboys Throwbacks Dates

slats7

For Thanksgiving it'll be certain that the guest will sport throwbacks. Since they host Washington on the 19th I think the 'Skins might roll out in throwbacks, but more likely be wearing their regular uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For Thanksgiving it'll be certain that the guest will sport throwbacks. Since they host Washington on the 19th I think the 'Skins might roll out in throwbacks, but more likely be wearing their regular uniforms.

The Redskins did not wear the throwbacks last season and it would appear the spear has been -- at least temporarily -- retired under Joe Gibbs.

It would be neat to have them wear a white version of the retro uniform against the Cowboys.

But it raises two interesting things. 1) I can't tell you the last time the Redskins wore white in Dallas. Maybe it was in the very early 1960s when Dallas first started playing and hadn't made to move to white at home.

and 2) There's a very real chance the Redskins will be wearing their white jerseys in all 16 games this season. Gibbs has never chosen the burgundy jerseys for a home game. He really likes the white look. I guess there's a chance, but I doubt it. Looking at the rest of the road schedule, there's only one outside chance that the opponent will choose to wear white at home -- Nov. 13 at Tampa Bay.

That would really suck to have to see the same look ALL season.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The Redskins did not wear the throwbacks last season and it would appear the spear has been -- at least temporarily -- retired under Joe Gibbs.

It would be neat to have them wear a white version of the retro uniform against the Cowboys.

But it raises two interesting things. 1) I can't tell you the last time the Redskins wore white in Dallas. Maybe it was in the very early 1960s when Dallas first started playing and hadn't made to move to white at home.

and 2) There's a very real chance the Redskins will be wearing their white jerseys in all 16 games this season. Gibbs has never chosen the burgundy jerseys for a home game. He really likes the white look. I guess there's a chance, but I doubt it. Looking at the rest of the road schedule, there's only one outside chance that the opponent will choose to wear white at home -- Nov. 13 at Tampa Bay.

That would really suck to have to see the same look ALL season.

That's why I've always hated Gibbs. I can't stand teams that wear one uniform for an entire season in the first place. Heck, I don't even like when they wear one uniform only once or twice. Gibbs is a stick in the mud and doesn't give a CRAP about what fans want, despite the fact that most Skins fans LOVED the spear helmet throwbacks. :cursing:

My guess would be the last time they wore white at Dallas was in 1963, the last year of the old Cowboys uniforms.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Because of teams like the Cowboys, Skins, and Dolphins, this is why I wish the NFL would pick one color for home/road. I wish it would be dark at home since many teams now have throwbacks or alts. I don't buy into all this it's too hot at this time of year thing. It's all in the head. The Steelers and Raiders don't seem to mind black in Aug/Sept. and neither do colleges and high schools across the nation.

KISSwall09.jpg

My guess would be the last time they wore white at Dallas was in 1963, the last year of the old Cowboys uniforms.

Are we sure that the Cowboys started wearing white at home when they got their "current" unis in 1964, I recall seeing some film from that era and being surprised that they were wearing blue at home...perhaps they didn't start the white tradition until '65.

Why in the hell wouldn't the 'Skins wear throwbacks? Especially those 75th anniversary uniforms from a couple of years ago. They've got a throwback coach and a throwback offense (neither any good anymore, I might add), might as well wear the throwback unis. At least when us 'Skins fans complain they're in the past, they'll have a reason.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why in the hell wouldn't the 'Skins wear throwbacks? Especially those 75th anniversary uniforms from a couple of years ago. They've got a throwback coach and a throwback offense (neither any good anymore, I might add), might as well wear the throwback unis.

Well the throwback coach IS throwing back -- to whites at home. That's what they wore when they went to four Super Bowls and won three.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived