New tri city americans logo

dwertman

Wow...  That logo is hideous.  Kinda makes me long for the three stars in a triangle logo from the 1980s.

But what really p*$$es me off is the uniform.  I know I've seen that before.  {cough cough} MY Canucks V concepts {cough cough}.  Check this out.  A little too similar for my tastes...

{back to lurk mode}

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Does anyone else notice that the eagle head looks SUSPICIOUSLY like the Philly Eagles head, slightly modified...just to stay outside the lawsuit parameters. Look at the way the head is cut off....looks to me like a 5 minute rush job.

New Logo Designer says....

"LOOK! I can take the Philly Eagle head, make the mouth wider, change some shading...slap some feet and a hockey stick on it and VIOLA...EASY MONEY!"

i was thinking that to. it is like the took the eagles logo and stuck two arwms underneath it. I like the sleeve patch much better.

Ya know, this monstrosity obviously doesnt need to be broken down in TOO much detail. It doesnt even have a body! But a while back I cautioned (generally) that the new stylized, sharp-angled way in which logos are done is not easy to do. This is living proof of that.

The untrained eye sees the abstract use of outline, shadow, etc..as cool accents...but when well done these effects make a flat image pop.

This one........sigh......my Lord. CLose your eyes a second and imagine that the very nature of the design isn't filth. It still then.............

-Has a gradient on the bill...(and no where else?) rough for anyone to pull off gradients in logos

-THe grey on the head feathers and under the eye to not reveal ANY form whatsoever...just....ugh...clutter up everything.

-and whats with the white outline around the bill?? What sort of a design choice is that? Way to accentuate the light yellow with......oh! lighter white!

http://www.north18.com/images/crap.jpg

Now, I dont hold up this..to be anything excellent or even tolerable....but in 8 minutes flat (including upload time) I applied at least one or two accepted conventions to this POS that any designer (current or former) should know of.

Work of this quality that gets out.....reduces all of our integrity.

In this fantasy land...everyone who owns a PC is a full-on graphic designer....cause the thing comes with MS Paint...and what else to it is there?

And to top it off, the secondary is decent..what did they do? Farm THAT out?? SHould be swapped immediately.

Lastly, someone noted a similarity to the Philly Eagles. I'd say it's more likely a lousy attempt at what the Caps use...in terms of a sort of amorphous "there but not there" eagle...the idea of an eagle so to speak.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

You guys are way to hard on this logo. Yes, the gradient is not good, and the way it's put together, it's terrible. However, the head is just fine minus the gradient to me. The talons and the stick also look good. What this thing needs is a body plain and simple. It's not as bad as you guys are making it out to be. The alt is good and the jerseys are great. And Fry, while I definatley see the similarity, it's a semi simple design, and I'm guessing he didn't intentionally rip you off.

You guys are way to hard on this logo. Yes, the gradient is not good, and the way it's put together, it's terrible. However, the head is just fine minus the gradient to me. The talons and the stick also look good. What this thing needs is a body plain and simple. It's not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

Thats the point- body- okay logo, no body- just plain dumb logo! Seriously this logo looks like some guy cut up bits from other logos stuck them together and said hey presto! I actually think even the lack of a body could be overlooked if the leg on the right of the logo came out from under the body rather than mid air.

What I find so frustrating about this logo is that it just looks SO sloppy! I think we know why the director of player personnel (Or whatever) of this minor league team USED to be a designer!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived