New tri city americans logo

dwertman

americanslogo.gif

For all those who don't want to check the link.

My rating?

4 out of 10 (and this is being very generous, IMHO).

1.5 points for professionality, 2 points for the cool looking eagle head, 0.5 points because despite this logo being pretty bad, they're old one was worse, thus making this an improvement (hard to believe).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Somehow worse than the old logo? It's like the disembodied head and talons of an eagle were thrown at the wall, then slid down towards the floor, leaving a trio of bloody streaks behind them.

Someone call PETA.

Seriously though, my four-year old nephew has a better sense of artistic composition than that which is exhibited in this logo. I can't begin to ennumerate the things that are wrong with this monstrosity, because this post would easily exceed the length of any I've ever written. And that's saying something!

This may well be one of the WORST logos ever created for a sports franchise... EVER! It boggles my mind that their is an individual somewhere - I refuse to use the word "artist" or "designer" to describe the person responsible for this - who apparently accepted COMPENSATION for creating this piece of dung. The only thing crazier than that is the fact that the management of the Tri-City Americans apparently chose to ACCEPT this design... and COMPENSATE the person!

This, my friends, is surely one of the "seven signs" of the impending sports logo "apocolypse.

Heaven help us.

Brian in Boston

Somehow worse than the old logo? It's like the disembodied head and talons of an eagle were thrown at the wall, then slid down towards the floor, leaving a trio of bloody streaks behind them.

Someone call PETA.

I think PETA has better things to worry about.

This quote reminds me of a show I saw Wednesday night about the chicken. I saw short clips from animal rights activists showing some workers slitting the throats of chickens and electricuting baby male chicks because they are renderred useless not to mention an animal rights person serving chicken with their own eggs! :D

WOW have I gone WAAAAAAY off course?

Oh! and the logo does suck! I think the head is okay, but the other parts of the logo seems to clutter the logo!

I saw, I came, I left.

I am amazed, did nobody working on this at some point in the process look at it and say, what the :censored:, the legs come out of nowhere!!! We need to start again!? I mean as a non-designer that seems fairly elementary to me!!!!!

*shakes head mornfully* someone got paid for doing that!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Does anyone else notice that the eagle head looks SUSPICIOUSLY like the Philly Eagles head, slightly modified...just to stay outside the lawsuit parameters. Look at the way the head is cut off....looks to me like a 5 minute rush job.

New Logo Designer says....

"LOOK! I can take the Philly Eagle head, make the mouth wider, change some shading...slap some feet and a hockey stick on it and VIOLA...EASY MONEY!"

read the press release, they took the very cheap way out by

letting their director of player personnel design it. Wow, what

does that say for teams and people not having any understanding

or respect for the job "graphic designer". It says he is former designer

but hell, by that stretch then I am a former hockey player. It was in the street, but I did play.

Well... if nothing else, this logo certainly proves that as a professional graphic artist, Mr. Darrell May is... a damn fine junior hockey Director of Player Personnel.

And I mean that sincerely.

Brian in Boston

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(I'm laughing with you)

I saw, I came, I left.

the thing i notice is the similarity to the much-used philly eagle, which has spawned several offshoots...that and the fact that there are talons but no body.  and now, if this bodiless eagle could drop a rhyme...

[50 cent rhythm]

no body likes me

(cool drum beat)

no body likes me

but that's okay

cus i'm the Ams logo now

cus i'm the Ams logo now

forget all yall

[not in 50 cent rhythm]

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived