Browns' logo mark

rtrich11

I did this Browns logo a while ago- before they came out with their "B in football" logo. Their's isn't bad, but not something I'd dig much on a cap or shirt.

I tried to make mine simple, but not plain. New, but not offensive to old-school styles. Not something for a helmet, just for merchandise or decoration. Anyway, just sharing/comparing.

brownsTRich.jpg

Have any of you tried this? I'd love to see.

To see the Browns' mark: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/

THat is very good. Although i do like the logomark the Browns adopted, this is very nice. I like the crest look it has. Seeing that plasterd at the 50 would be very pleasing to the eyes...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Here is my alternate version, which I struggled with the cursive font. It's a bit more retro, but I think I like the crest above because of it's usability. The Wordmark alone did look ok without the circle, though.

brownsTRich2.jpg

As for the curved font- In Illustrator 9 you have to use a plug in like KPT effects (which is no longer made). Illustrator 10 has this stuff built in.

Reaper yes you did, my guys love it. we used it on tons of stuff.. did you evcer put your logo portfolio back up?

I haven't had my design business going for many moons...I've kinda been laying under the radar as I had a really busy season with PowerHockey and whatnot(just got back from Nationals the other day).  I'm currently taking a break from everything extracurricular at the moment.  I may get things rolling again in the next month or so, though.

TR-

I figured out the curve effect thing, but what about the thick stroke you apply? When I go thick it just starts bleeding over to the next letter??

You can just do an "Offset Path..." command, pick the thicknes, then change the color.

hey reaper, where'd you get that THUNDER logo in your avatar?

If I remember correctly reaper made that himself and he had several versions of it up for idea on colours

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

hey reaper, where'd you get that THUNDER logo in your avatar?

If I remember correctly reaper made that himself and he had several versions of it up for idea on colours

You are correct.  I drew the logo for the Calgary Thunder of the Calgary PowerHockey League.

Webdav,

thanks, I did the offset path and it made the text look all buddly, when I change the color it does not show the original text? Help, I am a complete novice at this. thanks

It ends up making both objects the same color and grouped. So you have to ungroup and then choose the thicker one, change the color, send to the back.

Archived