New Royals Logo?

cmm

Hi all, I've been reading this board for awhile, but haven't had anything to contribute until now. I've been trying to piece together the 2006 Mets schedule, and I came across this:

Royals '06 Schedule (pdf).

I haven't seen the Royals logo used here before, and I remember reading here that they were ditching the black. So might this be their new logo? If it is, I think it's too blue. It could use a yellow or gold crown or something.

In case this was posted before or if it's not a new logo, I don't want to leave everyone empty-handed, so here's the logo and name I found on TESS (I learned about TESS by reading this board, so many thanks!) for the new Mets' TV network:

Sportsnet New York.

If you look closely at the Royals 2006 schedule, you'll see that they're officially eliminated from the playoffs on April 9th

***Random Uni trivia***

The Royals team color, cap design, and jersey script were inspired by the Dodgers because they started out as one of thier minor league affiliates.

(If this is common knowledge, my apologies)

***Random Uni trivia***

The Royals team color, cap design, and jersey script were inspired by the Dodgers because they started out as one of thier minor league affiliates.

So that explains the Padres switch a few years ago... they became the Dodgers farm team.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

***Random Uni trivia***

So that explains the Padres switch a few years ago... they became the Dodgers farm team.

:D:D:D:D

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

***Random Uni trivia***

---

Sorry, not the case.

The MONTREAL Royals of the International League were the Dodgers' top farm club 1939-1960.

Kansas City's minor league affilliation history is actually associated with the Yankees, since the KC Blues of the American Association were the Yanks' top farm club 1937-1954.

By the way: in 1955, KC got Major League ball when the A's moved in; but the city continued to house what was, in effect, a Yankee farm club in the Athletics.

Arnold Johnson, a friend of Yankee owner Dan Topping, bought the Philadelphia A's from Connie Mack, and moved them to KC. The Johsnon-Topping relationship cast doubt over the several KC-NY trades in the next few years which were all to the Yankees' advantage, most famously the 1959 deal of 36-year-old Hank Bauer for 24-year-old Roger Maris.

On a couple of occasions, the Yanks even managed to "park" players at KC, only to "recall" them later: young Ralph Terry was sent there for a couple of years until he matured; old-man Enos Slaughter was stashed there for a season until the Yanks could bring him back in time for the 1956 World Series.

Anyway, the point is that the Royals' color and style had nothing to do with the Dodgers. Most likely, the use of royal blue was dictated by the nickname.

Coincidentally, the Royals' royal blue/white color scheme was actually consistent with the traditional A's colors from Philly; however, the A's had switched to navy/red by the time they got to KC, having changed in the last Philly year (first Johnson year) of 1954.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived