Pitt losing at Rutgers

infrared41

But look at the brightside, if you're a Big East fan... basketball season is never too far way.

What's been bad for football is GREAT for baseketball.

The Big East is nearly on par with the ACC now.

almost...but not quite :D

Yeah...there will just be too many bad teams at the bottom of the conference for the Big East to supplant the ACC. The ACC is always top heavy, but their bottom feeders aren't the dead weight some of the cellar dwellars the Big East has. However, the Big East should get a boatload of teams in the tourney and that means money and that's what they care about.

The Big East as a conference was never big on football. When they expanded to 14 teams a few years back, only 6 were football schools. They had a couple of football only conference members (which was a fluffing joke) to get up to the 8 team league. They were banking that Louisville would get them to the promise land to shut up all the haters and legitimize the conference as a football power. Ooops. They were also banking on Wanny bringing the same type of pros-to-college buzz that USC has with Carroll and ND will have with Weis. Ooops.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Could it be the year of the Scarlet Knight in the Big East? Either that, or it looks like Pitt could be in for a long season this year.

More of the 2nd than the first....

Rutgers struggled against Buffalo, a team that got annihilated by UConn and Syracuse in successive weeks to open the season (as in not only did the Huskies and Orange score in bunches, they kept the Bulls off the scoreboard)...

This game was in New Brunswick, and much like their men's hoops team, Rutgers is tough at home, but suck on the road.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Why can't Pitt and Temple play each other this year?

Please change your avatar.

Thanks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why can't Pitt and Temple play each other this year?

Please change your avatar.

Thanks.

As a loyal Jets fan, I second that.

Aw, Dude! Why would you DO that? You're offending fans of 2 teams with that... that... that FILTH!

One of my college roommates was a HUGE Jets fan, and he bet with his heart (and my liver). Because of Kotite, he owed me a 12-pack of beer almost every Sunday. So I'd like to personally thank Rich Kotite for one thing: keeping my beer fridge stocked for most of college.

Now... I'm going to go vomit, and search for a Marion Campbell avatar to outstink yours, VDM.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived