Pitt losing at Rutgers

infrared41

First Pitt loses to Ohio University now they are on the verge of losing to Rutgers. Even if they pull it out they still have given up 37 points to freaking Rutgers. I know Pitt wasn't a great team coming into this season but they are still more than good enough to beat Ohio and to keep Rutgers from hanging 37 on them. Which brings me to the point of this post.

When is the football community finally going to realize that Dave Wannstedt is a horrible head coach? The guy has been awful everywhere he's been head coach yet he still keeps getting jobs. Frankly, I just don't get it.

Had to get that off my chest. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Pitt lost to Rutgers a couple years back if I'm not mistaken.

Actually it was little bit more than a couple years. They last beat them 1998 at Pitt Stadium. Mike McMahon was the QB and Rutgers wore black pants with red and white stripes. Damn my memory. ^_^

And don't play down Rutgers 37 spot tonight. They have a big offensive threat in Leonard, Hart's finally learned to throw more TDs than INTs, and Rice is really coming through nicely for a freshman. Their only downfall is their defense is overworked every single game. Other than that, read a newspaper: Rutgers doesn't suck anymore (*Gives a toast and continues partying*). :woot:

Oh yes, to stay on topic: Wanny's done. :P

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

Good to see two teams worse off in the conference than my Orange!!!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The Big East is in rough shape.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well, Wannstedt does have a completely new staff this year. This is basically a rebuilding year for Pitt.

But they just lost to Rutgers, a team that is always in "rebuilding mode".

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah -- it really is a pretty bad conference. The Big East still gets an automatic BCS bid, right? They certainly don't deserve it... then again, they didn't deserve it last year, either.

But look at the brightside, if you're a Big East fan... basketball season is never too far way.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah -- it really is a pretty bad conference. The Big East still gets an automatic BCS bid, right?

The Big East needs to be stripped of the automatic bid. I got a feeling it won't be long before an unranked team is playing in a BCS game, which is a real shame. If the Big East of today gets an automatic bid to the BCS, then so should the Mountain West.

6uXNWAo.png

But look at the brightside, if you're a Big East fan... basketball season is never too far way.

What's been bad for football is GREAT for baseketball.

The Big East is nearly on par with the ACC now.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Yep, I'm a UConn fan so I can't wait till college basketball season. It should be a fun one in the Big East.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wanny MUST go. NOW. He destroyed the 'fins. He destroyed Da Bears. He's going to destroy Pitt. Look at the track record.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

R! U!

Rah Rah!

R! U!

Rah Rah!

Ooh rah!

Ooh rah!

Rutgers Rah!

Upstream! Red Team!

Red Team! Upstream!

Rah!

Rah!

Rutgers Rah!

Its that chant that has made Rutgers football the Arizona Cardinals of the NCAA.

As for Wannstedt as long as he is not in Miami anymore Its fine by me.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

almost...but not quite :D

Archived