Eddy Curry a Knick

Starchild

As reported by ESPN, Eddy Curry is officially a Knick, with Tim Thomas and Mike Sweetney going to Chicago.

Thoughts?

The Knicks now, when healthy, are right up there with the best offensive teams in the league. Defensively, however, it's another story. Rebounding wise, neither Curry or Jerome James have averaged more than 5-6 rbs per game, which is horrible for a big man. They do provide an interesting offense/defense tandem at the 5. Hopefully LB can work some magic.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

As reported by ESPN, Eddy Curry is officially a Knick, with Tim Thomas and Mike Sweetney going to Chicago.

Thoughts?

The Knicks now, when healthy, are right up there with the best offensive teams in the league. Defensively, however, it's another story. Rebounding wise, neither Curry or Jerome James have averaged more than 5-6 rbs per game, which is horrible for a big man. They do provide an interesting offense/defense tandem at the 5. Hopefully LB can work some magic.

Well, as a Knick fan, I'm mixed. I really hope that Eddy Curry's heart troubles don't result in a Reggie Lewis/Hank Geathers/Thomas Herrion situation. I don't wish that fate on anyone! I don't think the Knicks needed Curry (didn't the Knicks draft Channing Frye?). He's not much of a threat down low and despite his massive frame, he's not a banger either. However! I'm so glad that Tim Thomas has been jettisoned. Sucks to lose Sweetney, but at their bests, Curry's better than Sweetney.

All in all, if Eddy's healthy for the next four years or so, it's a good deal for the Knicks. Larry Brown's got his hands full with Eddy, Starbury, Crawford, Q, Jerome James, and gasp, Allan Houston. All headaches in their own ways.

I just hope they can make the playoffs this year.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

enjoy paying him top dollar for 11 ppg and 4 rpg

Curry's streaky as hell, and now he's got a bum ticker. Have fun with him and Crawford.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Curry's streaky as hell, and now he's got a bum ticker. Have fun with him and Crawford.

Enjoy Tim Thomas.

Only Paxson! He's just as much a sucker as Isiah to take Thomas in a deal.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I really hope that Curry knows he's OK and was just really pissed at the Bulls. I would hate to see him die, especially when it could have so easily been avoided.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Curry's streaky as hell, and now he's got a bum ticker.  Have fun with him and Crawford.

Enjoy Tim Thomas.

Only Paxson! He's just as much a sucker as Isiah to take Thomas in a deal.

You do realize that while you'll be paying Curry a reported $60 mil over 6 years, combined with the laughable Jerome James contract, Paxson will be able to let Thomas walk away this summer and save $12 million right there, don't you?

Paxson ripped off the Knicks.

It's a win big-lose big situation for the Knicks.

If Curry doesn't come through, then oh well. Welcome to the club. Salary Cap Hell remains... it wasn't going to go away, so why not add more. As long as Dolan is willing to pay, go ahead and sign these ridiculous contracts... getting under the cap is still a fantasy, so why kid ourselves.

If Curry is healthy, he's a top 5 offensive center and with his youth and shere size, and LB at the healm, he has the potential to live up to the "baby Shaq" nickname. If he works out, then Isiah looks like a genius and the contract is justified.

At this point, I don't mind it. The risk is worth it... Antonio Davis has the same contract as Tim Thomas, so they cancel out. And Curry when healthy is far better than Sweetney... so it's an alright risk IMO. Not like Sweetney was going to be our answer in the middle, already an undersized power forward, so why not gamble.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Chicago burnt the Knicks. With Sweetney coming in, the reported likelihood of Davis being waived and returning to Chi-town, Nocioni and Deng both on the roster... they don't even really need Tim Thomas and will have gained cap space next season.

After drafting Frye and shelling a lot of cash for Jerome James did the Knicks even need Curry?

liverpool-1.png

why wouldn't he take the dna test? and why wouldn't the knicks insist on it too! this is really a sad thing..i think it's a disaster waiting to happen..

the bulls didn't really need him and picked up some depth..antonio davis? hasn't he played on every team in the league??

The knicks are expected to release antonio davis anyday now, and he'll be resigned by chicago I imagine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The knicks are expected to release antonio davis anyday now, and he'll be resigned by chicago I imagine.

Didn't the NBA institute a new rule (The "Gary Payton" Rule) that prevented a the traded then waived player from returning to his old team?

Something just isn't right about teams/players doing this...

The funny thing is that Bulls fans are now saying they didn't "need" Eddy Curry. That's laughable. I'm a Knick fan, and I'm more against the move than for it (salary cap hell continues), but you've got to be kidding me. It was exactly Curry's absence that kept them from moving on in the playoffs and he was the ONLY post presence you had last year. Don't expect Sweetney to match Eddy's production, sporadic as it may be. Don't go bashing the guy. If he had re-signed, Bulls fans would have been praising him as the 2nd best center in the East (behind Shaq) and saying they have a chance to do some big things this year.

Don't be dishonest, we can see right through that... :D

i think we do need Eddy, him and Tyson Chandler was our two big men and helped the bulls get back on track.

but he ran from Chicago because of all things, a DNA test. The Bulls front office did something rare in sports today,care about their players. Heart problems ended not only the careers but the lives Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis before they became stars. We didn't want the same thing to happen to Eddy so we asked him to take a DNA test, but instead of taking test for his own health, he took the easy way out and ran to New York.

Eddy is (or was) loved by Bulls fans. He could have just tried the test and stayed, but that was his choice. DA BULLS are just going to have to move on, hopefully we can take the second step back to glory with out Curry.

"Everyone has good and bad days".

i think we do need Eddy, him and Tyson Chandler was our two big men and helped the bulls get back on track.

but he ran from Chicago because of all things, a DNA test. The Bulls front office did something rare in sports today,care about their players. Heart problems ended not only the careers but the lives Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis before they became stars. We didn't want the same thing to happen to Eddy so we asked him to take a DNA test, but instead of taking test for his own health, he took the easy way out and ran to New York.

Eddy is (or was) loved by Bulls fans. He could have just tried the test and stayed, but that was his choice. DA BULLS are just going to have to move on, hopefully we can take the second step back to glory with out Curry.

I can't put the blame on Eddy Curry 100%, this DNA request is completely unpresedented in sports.

Archived