NFL Complaints

floydnimrod

1.It seems every year another NFL team has chenged its uniform and/logo, colors,etc. Why the change every year? Are teams just never happy or content with what they have?

2.And whats with the rule about alternate uniforms? Why can;t they just where them whenever they want.

3. Why the rule about jersey numbers(QB:1-19 HB:20-49,etc.)?Is it for the refs?

It seems they are bending hte rules more and more for the Wide Receivers, though.

1.It seems every year another NFL team has chenged its uniform and/logo, colors,etc. Why the change every year? Are teams just never happy or content with what they have?

2.And whats with the rule about alternate uniforms? Why can;t they just where them whenever they want.

It seems they are bending hte rules more and more for the Wide Receivers, though.

1. There are 32 teams in the league. Each team feels over time that its look is stale, and/or not selling enough merchandise, so a change is in order.

2. If every team wore its alternate whenever it felt like it, it would be inevitable that two teams are wearing the same color jersey in the same game.

3. Yes, it easily identifies certain players and certain positions. It makes it easier for the referees to spot ineligible receivers. The NFL relaxed its rule for wide receivers and allowed them to wear numbers between 10-19 in addition to 80-89.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I just hate how ties are still possible in the NFL. Nobody likes a tie. I say they should do 15 minute sudden death overtime period, and if that doesn't settle it, they should go to the college overtime format until there is a winner. But of if not, just do sudden death like the do in the playoffs and just play until someone eventually scores.

6uXNWAo.png

I just hate how ties are still possible in the NFL. Nobody likes a tie. I say they should do 15 minute sudden death overtime period, and if that doesn't settle it, they should go to the college overtime format until there is a winner. But of if not, just do sudden death like the do in the playoffs and just play until someone eventually scores.

I was actually thinking about the same idea last night, but instead of from the 25, I'd like to see them start from the 40 or 50. I hate how they start in FG range already.

What I don't like about overtime: either have it or don't ... in other words, either play sudden death until the tie is broken, or have tie games after regulation. I don't like the "one overtime and done" in the regular season.

Now, for those who think this would lead to a lot of very long games, that is not borne out by the statistics.

According to the NFL record book, through the 2004 season there were 377 regular season overtime games (since the rule was enacted in 1974). Of those, only 16 ended in a tie, and would have required going to a second overtime to settle them. That's about one every two years.

And in the playoffs, of the 22 overtime games, only 5 have gone to a second overtime, and 4 of those were less than 3 minutes into the second OT (and 2 were under a minute). Only the 1971 Dolphins/Chiefs marathon was of any substantial length (7:40 into the second OT).

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Dude, there are 32 teams...change happens...deal

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1.It seems every year another NFL team has chenged its uniform and/logo, colors,etc. Why the change every year? Are teams  just never happy or content with what they have?

Dude, there are 32 teams...change happens...deal

Exactly. And even with an average of one change every year, we could go 30+ years before we saw the whole league turn over.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

And in the playoffs, of the 22 overtime games, only 5 have gone to a second overtime, and 4 of those were less than 3 minutes into the second OT (and 2 were under a minute). Only the 1971 Dolphins/Chiefs marathon was of any substantial length (7:40 into the second OT).

The last time we had a second overtime it ended on the very first play of the period. (Panthers at Rams two seasons ago)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived