New falcons uni

Saintsfan

I've just been studying how the Falcons new unis look in action, and I am very frustrated by them! They so very nearly seem to work to me, but in the end I am dissapointed! I like the addition of red to the unis, just to add some contrast, but that whole sleeve thing doesn't seem to work to me!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

agreed.  The little white things could work if they were on the sides of the sleeve more.  However, when you put them over shoulder pads, and you look at the jersey from the side, you see white-red-white, and black on either side.  The coloring just isn't wide enough.  Does anybody understand what I mean or am I talking gibberish.  Also, on the uniform there are these two red lines that start toghether at the top under the armpit and then widen, leading into the pants with the same thing.  I like consistancy in pant stripes matching the jersey stripes, and sometimes continue from the bottom of pants to armpit as one stripe, but this design on the Falcons hurts more than helps.

And, I really don't like the new logo. The old one does look sort of dated, but this new one has crazy wierd wings and no sort of tail feathers.  It's just a body with wings.  Unfortunately, it seems all of Atlanta loves the new logo and gear, so I see it everywhere.

Here are the changes I make if I'm the Falcons based on the new jerseys which I mostly love. I give the logo tail feathers, and I shrink the feet which are as big as the head. Then I remove all silver from their scheme since it only appears as an outline. Then, I go back to the new, but now old wordmark. Finally, I changed the drop shadow to a regular outline. Then they would be awesome.

honestly, I didnt think Id like the new uniforms. but after seeing them in action I feel they look good. of course Ive only seen the black jerseys in action thus far, I have no idea how the white ones would look.

BTW I used the new Falcons cut for one of my MLB football x-overs. Its in the thread there. Tell me if it still looks bad, because everyone knows Im not gonna change it!  :D

Here are the changes I make if I'm the Falcons based on the new jerseys which I mostly love. I give the logo tail feathers, and I shrink the feet which are as big as the head. Then I remove all silver from their scheme since it only appears as an outline. Then, I go back to the new, but now old wordmark. Finally, I changed the drop shadow to a regular outline. Then they would be awesome.

The thing about the tail feathers... that has, in a way, been my BIGGEST problem with their new logo. Whoever designed it obviously didn't get the fact that it was supposed to be a falcon in flight with his wing down forming the shape of an F. Instead, he just saw an F. If you look at the new logo, it has no resemblance to a bird in flight other than the fact that it's tilted forward. If you've never seen my take on their "updated" logo, this is it:

logo-atl.gif

I'd like to meet the guy that designed that logo and kick him square in the pants.

Archived