New MLB colors this year?

HurricaneDavid

I have trouble viewing colors accurately on screen, too. When I pull up a PANTONE color in photoshop, it has completely different RGB and CMYK values than it does in Illustrator, yet all my CS2 programs are color synchronized in Adobe Bridge. The colors are actually more accurate in Photoshop. A good example is the PANTONE 200 in my Georgia Bulldogs concept; it's very magenta looking, just like PANTONE 199 is in the little box up there. When I matched up a swatch to Georgia Red as it appears on their website and logos, the closest matches in Illustrator were PANTONE 187 and PANTONE 1805 and PANTONE 1807, depending on how dark or light I wanted. Can anyone shed some light on this? It's driving me wild!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is why all of the colors I use in my graphics and those Team Colors listings I generate from my database use the sRGB color space that Pantone, Inc. has designated as correct for displaying on computer monitors. Of course, you also need a properly calibrated monitor to really get the full effect, but they are MUCH more accurate in relation to how they will look when printed.

Adobe uses different alogrithms to convert from CMYK to RGB, and Pantone's values are based on color science - there's no formula to derive them.

...waitaminute. The League Championship Series logos use DIFFERENT Pantones than the official MLB colors. My bad. They ARE darker. I'll post some color-corrected versions in a minute...

:wacko:

Archived