Terrell Owens traded to the Dallas Cowboys!

FiddySicks

The thing is, he packed it before the Birds left for Dallas. Knowing T.O.'s penchant for not doing anything unintentionally, he likely intended to wear it as a tribute to fellow diva/showman WR Michael Irvin rather than it being a Cowboys jersey. (Why he couldn't wear a Miami U. #47, I dunno.) Secondarily, it was packed for the trip as an extended middle finger to Cowboys fans after what most thought would be an easy Eagles victory. Since that didn't happen <_< , it looks like he's trying to antagonize his way out of Philadelphia. T.O.'s history with Dallas would suggest he probably wouldn't take to life in Big D well, and I can't think with their QB situation he'd be happy there for long. Then there's Keyshawn, a problem unto himself.

I wouldn't worry about it; around here, this rates a 3 on the interest scale, like when Iverson wore a Bill Russell jersey to a 76ers post-game conference. We've seen worse...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I wouldn't worry about it; around here, this rates a 3 on the interest scale, like when Iverson wore a Bill Russell jersey to a 76ers post-game conference.  We've seen worse...

Which there was absolutely nothing wrong with.

Ultimately no, but I'm old enough to remember when Celtics/76ers was a bloodfeud, in the regular season and almost always all the way to the conference Finals.

AI was likely paying tribute to Russell, but to many it shows an ignorance of the long history between his team and their biggest rival.

Joe Forte paraded around in the Celtics' locker room in a Lakers jersey when he played for Boston. Didn't go over well.

Even if you're paying tribute just to a certain athlete, people are going to look past that and see things you may not have considered... like the team that athlete played for. Especially if you're a lightning rod for controversy, like TO and AI. Then again, some people don't care what people think, so it's not an issue anyway.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived