Atlanta Hawks center Jason Collier dies

Cujo

It's a tragedy. All prayers go to his family and friends.

Also, Eddy Curry better be listening. Thomas Herrion, Jason Collier? I cannot see why he wouldn't get a DNA test, just to make sure he won't become the latest premature death.

Damn, man. That's terrible! My condolences to the Collier family. I watched alot of ACC basketball, and I liked Collier's game, didn't follow him in the pros, but from all accounts he was a well-mannered, well-liked young man.

------------

We see our athletes as supermen sometimes, you know. When I see these players pass away, it scares me, because they are my age or even younger. I agree with nsentv's point about Eddy Curry. I don't know if Collier or Herrion knew of their heart issues, but Curry does. He's one of the lucky ones. He's rich beyond his wildest dreams and can afford to take care of himself should he never even play another second of pro ball. It's his body and his life, but damn dude, wake up!

Everyone please, take care of your health. If you have medical issues, please see a doctor. Things don't just go away, especially with heart/chest abnormalities!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If this dose not send alrm bells to Eddie CUrry and the Knicks then they are just clueless, and asking for trouble, you know big fat is a problem but being tall can be too if you aree not careful and the NBA need sto take a hard look at this and maybe have players take yearly stress test or something of the like.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Atlanta Hawks center Jason Collier died this past Saturday at the age of 28. The five year pro out of Georgia Tech was selected 15th overall by the Bucks in 2000 who played 3 seasons with the Rockets before joining Atlanta in 2003.

The cause of death was initually a heart attack in his sleep, but is still uncertain. Another sports death this, so it raises the question: Do athletes push themselves too far sometimes?

JasonCollier_1017video_600.jpg

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Archived