Cole Fixes the Entire NHL in This Thread!

ColeJ

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off let me say that this thread was simply amazing!

THere wasn't one jersey I didn't like! The amount of effort and skill this took blows my mind! I've only just started transferring my concepts onto the computer (hope to get one posted on here soon :)) and I'm just floored by the amount of talent some of you guys have. Now that thats out of the way...onto some of my comments.

ANA: I absolutely love this set. I always have and always will hate what they have now. I really wish they'd don something like this!

BUF: Perfect. I kind of like the Buffalo logo but always hated how it never had anything to do with swords, your combo of the two logos plus the blue and yellow make this set perfect!

EDM: Not really liking the red outlines in the third but overall its nice.

FLA: That yellow jersey may be quite gawdy in real life but its a nice concept.

LA: I always hoped they would drop the Los ANgeles waist lettering, I like their logo and jerseys (except for the odd super wide gray neck) but that writing ruins it. NIce job on the silver and black alt too.

NYR: I always loved that white Liberty jersey too! Perfect.

STL: Is perfection and I agree their jerseys are the best in the league right now.

WAS: They should switch to these jerseys right away! Awesome.

ANd last but not least my beloved Senators: Thank you for not ditching the white away!! I think that that jersey is the best one in the league! I don't understand why everyone wants laurel striping...its too damn busy if every jersey were to have one. The black homes are great too, harkens back to the good ol' days of losing 70 games lol...I still love em tho!

Great job!!! :hockeysmiley:

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

• 4 months later...

BUF: I like the Sabres' Home/Road logo with the circle/sabres..... but I think the home/road doesn't need the Buffalo head on top of the sabres, and keep it for the alternate. Oh... I love the blue/gold!

CBJ: THANK YOU FOR FIXING THESE!

CGY: Love these jerseys... thanks for not changing the red Home with the black C. Didn't initially like the idea of the white C on the alternate, but it could work i think.

CHI: Blackhawks' third rocks

COL: Can't decide if these alternates should be in the NHL with the front numbers.... i really like the concept, though! I like the black-less in all the jerseys.

DAL: Stars' third is awesome! Mooterus is dead in real life, now, anyway! yay!!! I think your 3rd jersey should have more gold, though.

DET: Nice concept on the alt, definitely rid the black (as everyone has said), and you should be good. I was also recently thinking... they should try the OLD Detroit jerseys... with the multiple horizontal red and white stripes and "DETROIT" in the center. I think these would work, or the same stripes with the old "D" like you have (also like the Detroit Tigers have)

EDM: These thirds are HOT

LA: Awesome bringing back of the black/silver combo of Gretzky. These were always my favorite.

MIN: Red/green works really well in this third. I also like MIN's current third jerseys with the circle logo.

NJ: LOVING the third.... 'cept the stripes should go all the way around.

NSH: Disagree with your going with the main logo on the third... actually i think the "3D" logo should be all three jerseys' main logo.... with the current main logo as the shoulder logos for all.

NYI: I liked the current Islanders' thirds..... with the super bright orange. I am a fan. But I like your version too.

NYR: All three are good.... but the shield should appear as a main logo on one of these...

OTT: Really hate that "looking at you" Senator head...

PHI: Like these... I don't think the 3D logo works well with the black alternate. I like it how it currently is on the orange, but I also like these classic orange with the regular logos. That's how i think of the Flyers....

PHX: Personally, I think they should go back to their original green jerseys with the picasso coyote. I dunno, just liked it better. These ones aren't really that bad, but I guess it's just hard for me to get used to the new concept.

PIT: UGH! Negative on the blue, good buddy! I love the logo on the alternate... IMO, the black jerseys they had a couple of years ago with the black/gray fading stripe across the middle with this flying bird logo... were AMAZING! I was never honestly a fan of the skating penguin....

SJ: Should go back to the more classic jerseys from 5 or so years ago. I like the black alternate (in general), though.

STL: Loving these.

TB: Loving these as well..... yeah, you should drop the State of Florida in the logo... even though it obviously has something to do with the team... maybe it should just be the shoulder logo?

TOR: Likin the Leafs' jerseys.

VAN: Really like the idea of the main blue color for the Home... I don't like the solid red for the 3rd... I like their current 3rd a LOT.

WSH: Good concept.... like the idea of red/white/blue.... not a fan of how you colored the eagle. Should be something other than black(blue)/gray...

overall GREAT!

DET_79.gif

ColeDMD - I'm new to this forum. Your updated uniform designs for Tampa Bay, Washington and Buffalo in particular are FANTASTIC. If you haven't already, I would get some representation, contact the teams, and see if they have any interest in buying your designs. They're that good.

ColeDMD - I'm new to this forum. Your updated uniform designs for Tampa Bay, Washington and Buffalo in particular are FANTASTIC. If you haven't already, I would get some representation, contact the teams, and see if they have any interest in buying your designs. They're that good.

thanks for the confidence in my project, but for several reasons, that won't be happening.

first of all, the majority of these designs are based off of elements that the teams already own.

i doubt i could sell an avs jersey, minus the black, to colorado... :)

secondly, teams can't accept designs from fans.

thirdly, months have passed since i made this project, and i've already changed my mind on many of the teams... i should probably make a v2, but i'm a lot busier now than i was then. :)

Cole - great job on these. In particular, the new colors you used for Pittsburgh and Vancouver. Here's what I thought in order team by team:

ANH - I really liked those uniforms as well, but I remember the home uniform being teal, and it looked pretty good, so I would switch the primary color of the home and third.

ATL - I think the ice blue (or the blue you used for Vancouver) would look better than the red for the alt, but I really like the idea of making the "batman" the primary logo.

BOS - A perfect re-working of their classic look.

BFL - I think the black works well with the blue and gold. the only thing that doesn't seem to fit is the Sword'd B.

CGY - the black alt seems to be lacking in color. I think the Alberta alt you made would make a better crest for the alt than the white C.

CHI - Not much change, not much to comment on.

CMB - I'm in the small minority that doesn't really like the star logo that much. I like what you did with the striping, though.

COL - The alt looks more like a sweatshirt than a sweater. You might try ditching the wordmark altogether, and make the number bigger, or use a block font for the logo sort of like when the Bruins had numbers instead of the B on the front of their sweaters back in the 40's or whenever.

DET - See? You CAN add black without ruining anything.

DAL - Thank you for bringing back the Dallas pants.

EDM - The recoloring of the third looks strange to me. I see what you mean about the rusty look, but the colors don't seem to work for it. Maybe if you took out the red and just left the rust and navy.

FLA - the gold alt is a bit extreme for me. Maybe try matching the gold to the tan in the logo.

LA - I really like the black and silver alt for this one. It would work as a home uniform, as well.

MIN - you missed an opportunity to fix what I think is their biggest problem, that the home uniform has too much green.

MTL - the white stripes on the alternate really brings it together. Classy

NJ - I'm not a fan of armpit stripes, but this is one of the better examples I've seen

NSH - I really like their current look, also. Thanks for switching the cats on the alt.

NYI - I like what you did with the orange alt. Makes much more sense than the current one.

OTT - The simple black uniform was one of the best in the league. I'm glad you brought it back. Thanks for not using the already overdone Tower/Leaf logo.

PHX - I'm probably the only person on earth who liked the old Coyotes logos. They were different, and the new ones just look so plain to me. I like the black and tan stripes on the alternate.

PHI - Orange is good, I think you could have gotten away with sneaking some silver into it, as well.

PIT - I think I like this gold better than the faded Vegas gold they currently use. The blue you used on the third is really a good unique color, but I think black would do better than the dark navy you're using, especially with the black pants.

STL - Not really feeling you on this one. Can't put my finger on it.

SJ - Not sure why you didn't just have the stripes go all the way round, and have the armpit panel just come down to the top of the stripes on the alt. Other than that, the color is a badly needed update.

TB - the 2nd best of the whole lot, other than Ottawa

TOR - the alt looks a lot like the Coyotes home uniform.

VAN - The blue is much better than the dark navy. Not sure on the red alt, though. Whoever suggested adding green should be shot.

WSH - the silver makes the logo look like it's in black and white. perhaps if you kept gold and added gold as a very sparce accent color on the jersey.

Like I said, great job. Having just finished a similar project a few days ago, I understand the work you put into it. Looking forward to V2, whenever you get to it.

JT

nhl94vansigpng.png

i love these concepts.

Anh- perfect update to their current home and away. the alternate is perfectly tweaked from the purple and black kings knock off.

ATL - your alternate concept should be their current alternate.

BOS- not crazy about a yellow alternate but I do like the 70's throwback.

BUF - good but it kinda screams washington capitals with a sabres logo. probably could usea lighter shade of blue

Car - Thanks for fixing the alternate logo. The black alternate you made is a perfect alternate jersey.

CBS - i own a columbus alternate, and i abosolutely love the logos they used. frankly, they should be their primary and secondary logos. I'm also glad you eliminated the green and the CBJ logo. i never really liked them. your concept is what they should wear.

Cal - don't like the black logo. put the alternate uniform flamming 'C' on the red jersey and put the shoulder patch logo on the alternate uniform as a primary and you have perfection

Chi - perfection.

Col - nice subtle change. very nice. Not crazy about the alternate.

Dal - very nice. I am so glad that you didn't add a mooterus alternate. The alternate is light years ahead of mooterus. there again so is every other stars alternate concept.

Det - replace black with silver and you have perfection.

Edm - i definately agree the blue needs to be lightened up. as for the alternate, I always liked the alternate that they have, never could figure out what the logo actually is but always liked it. my only gripe is the navy and silver. this definately addresses the color issue.

Fla - no to the alternate.

LA - Perfection

Min - I like the alternate, but i like their current alternate better.

MTL - once again, perfection

NJ - nice alternate, it may be too radical for dev's management.

NAS - I like the template for the alternate but i don't like the gold. switch the gold and navy and you it would seriously improve the alternate.

NYI - im disappointed that there isn't the fisherman or lighthouse logos. the lighthouse logo would make a great shoulder patch logo opposite of the 4 stripes. Then you make an alternate based on the lighthouse logo. Though the orange alternate is a step up over the bizarre alternate we have now.

NYR - another set of perfection.

Ott - I'm one of those that has a hard-on for their alternates. which should be their primaries. Doesn't the B-ham Sens use the sens alternate as their primaries?

Phi - i've never been a fan of their alternate logo. But i do like how the black jersey was regulated back to alternate.

Phx - im definately liking your alternate here.

Pit - not crazy about the ice blue alternate. im one of those who thinks they should never go light blue. what they have with their home and away is fine enough.

SJ - that alternate should be their alternate. What they have now seem incomplete. It looks like they started on a design and forgot to finish it.

Stl - i like how you brought back the trumpet logo. very nice. my suggestion, incorporate the arch in to the design.

TB - not bad, in fact the more i see the more it grows on me.

Tor - not crazy about the royal blue. I like what they have now.

Van - not feeling this one.

Was - close to perfection. switch the silver with a gold and use some gold trim on the primaries and the home and away will be perfect. The alternate however is perfection and if they came out with it, i would buy it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Good job on all of them except Pittsburgh.

I know youve heard it a million times in this thread alone, but, never use blue. Also, I think you shouldve brought back the old gold. It signified the unity of all the Pittsburgh teams because they all had the same colors. Also, Pittsburgh was one of the few teams in the past to have sucessfully pulled off the diagonal script, but have always trashed the idea 2 or 3 years later. You should try the diagonal script.

oBIgzrL.png

All right, the moment everyone has been waiting for...MY OPINION!

ANA- Nice. I never liked the weird, assymtrical look of their unis now.

ATL- Good. Thanks for losing their blue pieces of crap they call alternates.

BOS- Very good. As Ron Burgansy might say..."Stay classy!"

BUF- I like the revert to blue/yellow. I do like the touch of red left in the goat's (or whatever the crap it is) eye. Subtlety is bliss! I also like the dirtbike-ish jersey for the Alts.

CAR- I like it. I say that they should be officially called the Tropical Storms until that logo is changed. That is a major pet peeve with me, inaccurate logos. The Titans' sword and Nashville Kats' alt. football logos aggrevate me to no end because of the upside-down stars. The 3 stars on the TN flag were meant to be in a 'V' shape, as in the Volunteer State.

CJB- Very nice. The stick logo always confused me. Also, the piping is nice, really makes the uni.

CAL- Good. The Alberta logo is good.

CHI- Good. Now, if only you could fix the Blackhawks team.

COL- Very nice. The tealish color may be gone, but the uni still looks like their own. I kind of liked the NYR rip-off, but I love your alt better. FRONT NUMBERS!!

DAL- I love it. The Mooterus is finally gone, and all of the world is rejoicing. I really like the alts and believe you did a decent job of representing the gold stitching. I think they make the uni.

DET- Pretty good, considering the fact that the Dead Things suck.

EDM- I like the color changes, very nice.

FLA- The yellow on the regulars don't seem to match the yellow on the alt. But, 'tis good.

LA- Very Nice! I'm lovin' the alt. Looks medieval-looking.

MIN- I like your alt, but the Christmas jerseys are better. 'A' for effort!

MON- Very vintage and 'Hab-ish.' Nice

NJ- Collar is good and really fits logos. Striping on alts is excellent, very creative.

NSH- Ah...my beloved orthodontically challenged cats. The only thing that needs to be changed to the Home/Road is the shoulder patch. I always liked the 'N' logo with the GEC's tower and could never figure out why they changed it. Maybe if a new 'N' is designed for the shoulder, maybe similar to those on the Zephyr X-Line caps? Also, why do people hate the Mustard so much?!? They look sooooooo much better in person. They just need to revamp the freakish Down Syndrome afflicted 3D cats and they would be set.

NYI- I always thought alts should be at least loosely based on the current home/roads (with the exception of the Preds. of course!)

NYR- Very classy, but wouldn't go over well in NYC. They seem to like being too traditional. Alt looks good, though. Again, subtlety makes the world go 'round.

OTT- Black is good when used correctly, and this is a fine example. I, too, aren't fond of their current alts. This is a definite improvement.

PHI- I don't really like the new 3D logo, but you did complement it nicely on the alt.

PHX- I too love their new logos/sweaters. I love the stripes on your alt and wish the 'Yotes would use more sand in their unis.

PIT- Why in the Hell, MN, would people want a powder blue Pens sweater? Whatever they're smokin'...I want some! Your take on a pretty lame soundin' idea was executed marvelously.

SJ- Very nice. Color is better.

STL- They do already look good, and I thank you for not screwing these up. Just like the Preds: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

TB- THAT ALT LOGO IS FRICKIN AWESOME!! It belongs on all of the sweaters. These colors fit them perfectly.

TOR- I'm rather indifferent about these. I do like the alt, though.

VAN- Improvement color wise, but the alt is still a little iffy.

WSH- I love your alt uni, especially the logo. And the lack of their current colors suit them nicely. Also, I'm liking the alt jersey's design.

Well, there's my take. Overall: FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC! :D

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Most of the Graphic Warriors have stated many of my opinions.

Pretty much a solid job all the way round. Just a few "+" to add.

The Caps unis are great - they need to go back to red/white/blue. Great Work!

The Devils 3rd - awesome. As a devils fan I'd love to see a 3rd uni. :D

Blues 3rd is very good, at least I'd use that horn logo.

Dallas - thanks for killing off the mooterus. Yours is nicer!!!

Buf - great work, I like the old blue & gold, but with the hint of the new logo!!!

Rest of the unis rock!!! (**) Gold stars for you!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Man that must have taken a while, great job!

Anaheim: I never really liked the Ducks's jerseys, b/c IMO, the logo sucks. But the alternate looks fantastic without the duck-shaped mask.

Atlanta: Excellent. I hate those awful blue-jerseys so its fantastic that you changed it with a good looking red one.

Boston: No mustard yellow jerseys..yesss!

Buffalo: The blue and yellow looks way better than their current color scheme.

Carolina: So i'm not the only one who thought their shoulder logo was wrong was I? Someone finally fixed it. It's about time.

Columbus: I like the home and road logo, not really sure about the alternate. But anything without the CJB logo's an improvement.

Calgary: Not much of a change, IMO.

Chicago: The home jersey should be the only one they wear. I think the other jerseys have too many stripes.

Colorado: I would prefer the alternate without the number and just a bigger logo. Also, the bigfoot logo for the home jersey would look good IMO.

Dallas: Finally, the bull is gone. But the shorts...meh.

Detroit: eww...Red Wings.

Edmonton: Edmonton needs a whole new logo concept IMO.

Florida: The alternate is a good jersey. I thought Florida needed a more simple logo though.

Los Angeles: Removing the tacky "LOS ANGELES" around the waist was a good move. Now we just have to get some NBA teams to take the logos/wordmarks off the asses of the shorts.

Minnesota: You don't like the red and green? *gasps*

Montreal: Classy, and simple, I like it.

New Jersey: Not bad.

Nashville: I never liked the mustard color on any team, and I like the scary fang logo.

New York I: Not really a fan of the orange jerseys, nice try though.

New York R: The Lady Liberty Logo looks so much better than the stupid Rangers wordmark.

Ottawa: I hate the trojan guy. Always have. He's lame.

Philadelphia: Philadelphia needs a logo overhaul.

Phoenix: They've got a great jersey, I like the alternate a lot.

Pittsburgh: No, not Blue, anything but blue! OMG...it gets worse...their old 'new' logo.

San Jose: They've always had ugly jerseys. They also need to change the logo.

St. Louis: Great alternate.

Tampa Bay: You did a good job on those.

Toronto: The Maple Leafs should always have simplistic jerseys. Excellent.

Vancouver: The red looks good as a jersey for Vancouver.

Washington: It's about time Washington started wearing Red White and Blue. I love the alternate logo, I don't know why they didn't use that.

Archived