Cole Fixes the Entire NHL in This Thread!

ColeJ

Also another idea i had for the Kings too for the home and away conversion. Great minds do think alike, as for hockey teams... well perhaps another story. :hockeysmiley:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to write a novel. I just wanted to say overall phenomenal job! :notworthy: Obviously I like some ideas, dislike some ideas, but they're your ideas and so it's not my place to tell you what to do. All I have to say is thanks for making the Panthers back to their 1996 style with red as the primary. I'm not keen on the yellow alternate, I just felt they should leave blue as the alternate.

The Sabres idea is badass. I don't even like the Sabres but I'd buy one of those jerseys if they had them.

Anyways, that's my two cents. High five from South Florida! Keep up the good work. :hockeysmiley:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

:cry: :cry: Can someone help me. I have had this issue for a while now, but I just reached the end of my rope. There are some posts that I can see EVERY picture/concept posted, and there are others that I can't see at all....THEY HAVE THE DREADED Red X. I belong to photobucket.com. Is there another "host" that I need to sign up with in order to see some peoples pictures. Thank you very much.

:cry: :cry: Can someone help me. I have had this issue for a while now, but I just reached the end of my rope. There are some posts that I can see EVERY picture/concept posted, and there are others that I can't see at all....THEY HAVE THE DREADED Red X. I belong to photobucket.com. Is there another "host" that I need to sign up with in order to see some peoples pictures. Thank you very much.

It's not which photo hosting site YOU use that matters. If you're getting red "X"s on fairly recent concepts that no one else is getting, the issue is probably with your Internet browser. I'm using IE 6 and I've never had a problem, but there are certain browsers that seem to have more trouble than others.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

:cry: :cry:    Can someone help me.  I have had this issue for a while now, but I just reached the end of my rope.  There are some posts that I can see EVERY picture/concept posted, and there are others that I can't see at all....THEY HAVE THE DREADED Red X.  I belong to photobucket.com.  Is there another "host" that I need to sign up with in order to see some peoples pictures.  Thank you very much.

It's not which photo hosting site YOU use that matters. If you're getting red "X"s on fairly recent concepts that no one else is getting, the issue is probably with your Internet browser. I'm using IE 6 and I've never had a problem, but there are certain browsers that seem to have more trouble than others.

Great. Thx.

Cole:

Phenominal job. Wow, what a project. Must have taken you weeks, months! (Unless you ahve a lot more time than i do, which is entirely possible)

The amount of thought and care you put into each team is awesome. Very cool stuff.

As for comments, I glanced at most, realized i didnt know what was different on some, and of course, did what everyone else would do and looked at my fav team.

Thrashers:

I dont have the same kind of hate for their current third that others might. I own one i paid several hundred dollars for, and I love it. But, to be honest, I do see the shaping-design problem. It doesnt look much like their other stuff. I'd have preferred a pseudo throwback, rather that a hybrid TATC, laceup, blah, blah.

I do, however have the same love for the Bird T you put on home and away. I love that thing, it is Brilliams! The Bird-in-a-cereal bowl logo is blah, and I'd be ok with ditching it, and going with the head logo that is on a lot of merchandise here in the city. (its the head form the bird-in-a-bowl)

As far as what you ahve done, I like it fine, but it doesnt STIR me, ya know? They really rely on the Blue theme nights, etc. I like the light blue jersey,a nd thing it would have looked cool on their current template with navy shoulders, yellow stripe, and light blue chests. Or a throwback.

Anyway, nicely done. i look forward to getting through them all!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Your Boston, Buffalo, Chicago and Washington work in particular is excellent.

Otherwise, there are some I like, some I don't like, but the only one I take particular exception to is your NJ one; if I were introducing a 3rd I'd bring back the old red and green.

Detroit I'm definitely not sold on. Either make it new and add black, or make it retro and keep the colours the same. Your third is kind of... dare I say... wishy-washy.

Your Tampa Bay third and Vancouver home (blue) are phenomenal. Seriously, I'd buy one from you if you sold them.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

i don't see why everyone loves the green and red devils.... i took the green and red away from dallas, and had the urge to do the same for the wild (but decided since i hate the wild, it's ok for them to wear ugly colors)...

red and green look just flat out awful together, to me. the mexican national team can make it work, because it's the colors of their flag, and that's fine... but for a team that isn't bound by nationalism to wear christmas colors, i can't just can't justify that level of nasty :P

after reading a lot of comments (both on this thread, and comments from my doubleminor.net forums), i almost want to redo some of these.... i've gotten a few more good ideas from other sources, and wouldn't opposed to making v2 sometime, if i get more time.

-edit- also, thank you all very much. i really appreciate all your feedback. makes all the tedious work worth it.

Well, here we go.

ANA: I love their current alt, so I'm not a big fan of a green alt with the same logo. I don't like the ducks colours...PERIOD so either way I wouldn't like these, the one thing I like about the current Ducks jersey's is the diagonal striping at the bottom, which you took away.

ATL: Love the alt, and I love how you took most of the light blue out of the Thrashers.

BOS: HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!! Going back to the retro look would really look nice in this day in age when a lot of teams are excluding basic stripes.

BUF: Great improvement as well. Great colours, and the colours fit well with the logo. AWESOME JOB

CAR: You didn't make many changes to this set, but their wasn't much you could do with what they already had.

CLB: I love the logo on the home and road and I agree with you that they should make it their primary logo. I'm glad you dropped all traces of black from the whole set.

CAL: The adjustments you did are alright, I don't mind the current set, or these. I'm not sure if I'm happy you got rid of the Flaming horse or not.....

CHI: Currently, my favourite NHL unis, and I'm glad you didn't mess with 'em too much.

COL: Hate the alt, but I love the changes you made to the road/home jersey's

DAL: Whatever their alt is, I don't seem to like it. This logo may look good on a white backround, but it doesn't do to much for me on green.

DET: The alt looks alright bit I hate how you added BLACK!

EDM: Not much of a fan of the improvements to the alternate....

FLA: Kinda cool how you added a Panther breakin a stick to the alt.

LA: Perfect Alternate, I like how you dropped "Los Angeles" from the sweaters.

MIN: I'm glad you got rid of their current alt, BLEH!

MTL: I love the alt

NJ: See above

NAS: They have the but-uggliest jersey's in the league so it was hard to compliment you on not changing much, because IMO they need A HUGE OVERHALL

NYI: Orange is a rare colour in the NHL so I'm glad you didn't get rid of the orange in the alt

NYR: You and I are thinking on the same wave link on this one. I love the NYR logo and I'm glad you put it on both the home/road

OTT: I've always hated the black jersey's, reminds me of the days when they really stank

PHI: For some reason, I really like the 3d Flyer logo. I love this set

PHX: The 'Yotes are indeed a very well dressed team, and since they just got a uni/logo change, I'm glad you didn't mess with this too much.

PIT: I almost threw up looking at that alternate!

SJ: You didn't do much to this team, but that's alright

STL: Love the alt logo, and I agree they have one of the best unis in sports.

TB: Love all the changes to this set! BRAVO!

TOR: I like the alt, hate the team

VAN: I've never been a big fan of the Canucks in a lighter blue with their current logo. I like the maroon alt.

WAS: UNBELIEVEABLE! You ended with a great concept, as the Capitals may have the most improved jersey's/logos in your whole set.

i don't see why everyone loves the green and red devils.... i took the green and red away from dallas, and had the urge to do the same for the wild (but decided since i hate the wild, it's ok for them to wear ugly colors)...

Jersey could make red and green work, because it was a nice forest green that I think was supposed to represent the Pine Barrens, and it also represents Jersey's sizable Italian contingent. Red and black is just being derivative of the Blackhawks and not doing it as well at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

ANA: I would just switch the colours of the home and alt. make the home jade, make the alt eggplant

ATL: Not a fan of this one. The current alt is one of the leauge's best, and the thrasher/stick logo is a lot better then the "T-bird" logo. Oh well, your project your vision. Can't argue.

BOS: Perfect.

BUF: Great improvement over the current set, but I would lose all connection to the current buffalo head logo, and focus on the crossed swoards, and the swoard through the "B"

CAR: The two changes you made were right on the money.

CLB: IMO the alt hat logo dosn't make a good primary. I would come up with a different primary logo for the alt jersey.

CAL: The changes you made were perfect. I would love to see the new alt in more detail.

CHI: Not a fan of this one. I would have made the current black alt the home jersey, ditched the red one, and used a true throwback as the alt.

COL: Perfect. I really like that alt. However the Avs are the only team I would like to see it on.

DAL: IMO the Star's current template is horrible. The jerseys they had when they moved to Dallas we're perfect, all though i would have loved to see a green version replace the black. Also, your third seems to simular to the Wild's real thirds. I'm not sure I like the primary logo on the alt you came up with. I would perfer a gold version of the first unis they had in Dallas.

DET: The alt looks to much like Montreal's home. Not good for an "Original" Six teams. Ditch the white stripe through the middle and your golden.

EDM: The alt is defferently different, but it matches the team colours, so IMO it's an approvement. The only change I would make would be to replace the Oilers logo with the alt logo of the oiler over a triangle.

FLA: Perfect. Love the yellow alt. If any team can do it, the Panthers can.

LA: Perfect home and road. I'm so-so on the alt. It's probablly a good choice, seeing as they went to their only Cup Finals in the silver and black.

MIN: IMO the current alt is great. The red version you came uo with is good, just not better then what they have.

MTL: I would have made the alt the away jersey, with changes made to match the home red sweater. then i would have made the current white jersey the alt.

NJ: Perfect. The alt is wicked, in more ways then one :P

NAS: You made the alt less revolting then it currently, but it's still a horrible jersey. Still, given what you were working with, good job.

NYI: Make the lighthouse the primary, and add the "NY/stick" as the alt on the shoulder opposite the Stanley Cup stripes.

NYR: I'm torn. On one hand the set up they have now is nice, but the Liberty jerseys also make great jerseys. I'm not sure on this one.

OTT: I would have gone with the current black alt as the primary home, gone with a white version for the road, and used the red swoop jerseys as the alt, replacing the 2D logo on the shoulders with the peace tower/leaf logo.

PHI: Perfect. The Flyers are a team that just belong in orange.

PHX: The small change to the home/road set makes sence. I would have used the Arizona state/PHX logo on the alt, no point in having more then one version of essentially the same logo.

PIT: IMO the Pens shouldn't go back to powder blue, even on an alt. Make a gold version of the home/road with the skating penguine on one shoulder, and the modern penguine on the other. Have "PITTSBURGH" run dianganaly across the chest in black, oulined in white.

SJ: Just put the shark fin alt on the shoulders.

STL: Just add the trumpet logo to the shoulders of the home/road set.

TB: PERFECT! Very well done. Just what this team needs. Nice job keeping the vitory stripes under the arms. It's a small tradition in the short history of the Lightning.

TOR: Make the current alt the away jersey, come up with a blue version for the home. The blue '67 jersey is ok as an alt. But the Ballard leaf needs to go.

VAN: Very nice. Perfect.

WAS: Tied with Tampa Bay as the best concept of the bunch. Very nice update.

All in all, a very nice job. Keep it up Cole.

Archived