CFL fan wins $1 million

DEAD!

guess what i just heard on the radio! this guy didn't win $1million dollars! he 25,000 dollars for the next 40 years! I'm not kidding I will try and find a link to this. Wendy's is a joke!

...which, ignoring the time value of money, adds up to exactly one million dollars.

He knew the terms of the deal before he kicked the ball. I understand how some people would be upset, but if he knew what he was getting himself into, I don't see what the uproar would be about.

I know that technically he's still getting 1 million dollars but, (not trying to be negative or anything) he dies in two years well he kicked for a million but he'll only ever see 50 thousand that's all i'm saying.

untitled-6.jpg

guess what i just heard on the radio! this guy didn't win $1million dollars! he 25,000 dollars for the next 40 years! I'm not kidding I will try and find a link to this. Wendy's is a joke!

...which, ignoring the time value of money, adds up to exactly one million dollars.

He knew the terms of the deal before he kicked the ball. I understand how some people would be upset, but if he knew what he was getting himself into, I don't see what the uproar would be about.

I know that technically he's still getting 1 million dollars but, (not trying to be negative or anything) he dies in two years well he kicked for a million but he'll only ever see 50 thousand that's all i'm saying.

His family will still be getting a million clams

Putting aside for the moment the overall value of the money he is to receive, let's boil this down to one immutable fact: the man earns an extra $25K yearly for 1 kick, 3 seconds of apprehension, and a healthy touch of luck.

It doesn't matter what you do for a living; every year for the next four decades, your annual salary gets a healthy boost. It's a guaranteed huge year-end bonus for doing almost nothing for most of your adult life.

Even had he won his cash as a lump sum, taxes would have eaten away a healthy chunk of it (I'm not sure about Canadian tax codes, but I am guessing he'd have had to cough some up to the feds/provincials). Spreading it out keeps him from doing something stupid with it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Putting aside for the moment the overall value of the money he is to receive, let's boil this down to one immutable fact: the man earns an extra $25K yearly for 1 kick, 3 seconds of apprehension, and a healthy touch of luck.

It doesn't matter what you do for a living; every year for the next four decades, your annual salary gets a healthy boost. It's a guaranteed huge year-end bonus for doing almost nothing for most of your adult life.

Even had he won his cash as a lump sum, taxes would have eaten away a healthy chunk of it (I'm not sure about Canadian tax codes, but I am guessing he'd have had to cough some up to the feds/provincials). Spreading it out keeps him from doing something stupid with it.

Canadian prize winnings are NOT taxed. However, prizes are often much much smaller compared to comparible American contests.

I saw, I came, I left.

That's true--no taxes on it--yet they tax us on all sorts of other stuff...

ANyway--when "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" was big they did 2 Canadian episodes--the winners got paid in Canadian dollars, but with out taxes it worked out to be about the same as what the US winners got in US $ after the taxes.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived