Ali close to death?

CC97

Seems to me there's quite a few liberties being taken in the writing of that article. I don't see any medical opinions being rendered on his specific case, merely speculation and people's opinions on what they feel is going on. That being said, watching Ali become a mere shell of the man that I revered while growing up has been a sad, sad experience for me.

Yea best boxer ever was Marchiano

"Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't :censored:."

It's from "Coming to America" before anyone decides to call me racist. As soon as I saw that post, I cracked up and thought of this quote from the movie.

:D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

First off, the man's 63 years old and while if he does die in the near future it'd be sad, its not like the man hasn't lived a life full (if not fuller than most) and rich.

Second, I'd take Jack Johnson over Marciano any day, and if each were allowed to fight under the rules of their day, I'd even take him over Ali. But an in-his-prime Ali would beat an in-his-prime Marciano 98 times out of 100.

nav-logo.png

Yea best boxer ever was Marchiano

"Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't :censored:."

It's from "Coming to America" before anyone decides to call me racist. As soon as I saw that post, I cracked up and thought of this quote from the movie.

:D

"Acch! What do you know from humor?"

:D (for you, Jigga.)

This would be a tragic loss, but it hurts to watch such a larger-than-life champion suffer and shake the way he does. Unfortunately, to billions of people around the world, this is the image they will carry with them of Ali. Not the great champion, the political activist, the worldwide figure, the attitude, but a shaking, shuffling, mumbling man deteriorating before our eyes, a shell of what he once was.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived