New Illini Basketball Court

pcgd

Illinois has repainted the basketball court, and they say it has more orange. I've only found small images and the only thing I can tell is they switched what was blue to orange, and what was orange to blue.

So, Key is blue now. And Out of Bounds is Orange now. Everything else is the same. If anyone has any good photos I'd really like to confirm this.

Oklahoma State slightly modified Eddie Sutton Court. The lane is now a black/orange gradient, with the orange area near the baseline and the black area near the free-throw line. Also, "GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA" has been removed from the floor, to not crowd the "Eddie Sutton Court" signature. I preferred the all-black lanes that OSU has had for quite a while to the gradient. In fact, most of my fellow students agree that it's not a very good look for Mr. Iba's original 67-year old floor.

x1pzzfoogowk5moevhsimmganrvre1.jpg

I'm not sure what it looked like before, but here are some newer pictures that maybe will help:

http://www.iwuhoops.com/ILLINI.HTM

Thanks, I had seen those and that's where I found out what was new. In the words of the Athletic Department "more orange." Personally I agree with mrdj13. Make everything orange since they are branding orange so hard core.

Oklahoma State slightly modified Eddie Sutton Court. The lane is now a black/orange gradient, with the orange area near the baseline and the black area near the free-throw line. Also, "GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA" has been removed from the floor, to not crowd the "Eddie Sutton Court" signature. I preferred the all-black lanes that OSU has had for quite a while to the gradient. In fact, most of my fellow students agree that it's not a very good look for Mr. Iba's original 67-year old floor.

Thread-jack?

Also, you have to love the amount of mileage Oklahoma State gets out of their font, now even using it for the Gallagher-Iba arena wall ... heck they may have used it all along. This just happens to be the first time I have seen it.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Thread-jack?

Also, you have to love the amount of mileage Oklahoma State gets out of their font, now even using it for the Gallagher-Iba arena wall ... heck they may have used it all along. This just happens to be the first time I have seen it.

Yeah, probably a thread jack, but I'm too damn lazy to make my own thread. :P Yeah, we've had the athletics font used for the "Welcome to Historic Gallagher-Iba Arena Dedicated 1938" wall ever since GIA was expanded a few years ago.

But to get back on the original topic, I like the Illini upping the presence of orange. Orange is Power! :D

Illinois' court looks nice. It will complement the BigTen's best student section well. The Orange Krush (and everyone else who all seem to wear orange) looks sweet, and is very intimidating for visitors.

WOOT! WOOT!

...okay, so I'm not in the Orange Krush...but next year...oh I hope so...and I do always where orange...

Illinois' court looks nice. It will complement the BigTen's best student section well. The Orange Krush (and everyone else who all seem to wear orange) looks sweet, and is very intimidating for visitors.

Keep in mind all that orange in that image was for a scrimage.

The Krush were egging on the D3 team they played in the home exhibition game. Nobody is safe.

When Brian Cardinal went to Purdue, he went to HS just 15 mins away. In fact, his dad was the Trainer on the Illini at the time. The Orange Krush still chanted "Rogaine...Rogaine..." everytime he touched the ball. Classic. :P

I like the general look of the Oklahoma State Court, and for some reason the gradiants don't bother me, weird. But i think they would look better reversed with the orange by the free-throw line and such, and geeeeez can they make the Eddie Sutton signature any bigger?

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

WOOT! WOOT!

...okay, so I'm not in the Orange Krush...but next year...oh I hope so...and I do always where orange...

I sincerely hope you go there too, but just keep in mind that you should probably "wear" orange, not "where" it. :P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived