Playmakers

Sterling84

Don't worry about downloading music or anything else.

To my knowledge, and I'll happily concede if I am wrong, the only random incidents of prosecution are in rare circumstances where the user used internet service they didn't have private use to.  Like on a college campus or something.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm sure the a$$ponies at the RIAA would try if they could.  But p2p is so rampant they are not going to hunt you down personally.

I welcome them coming after me and my downloads..just give me a public forum to talk about that horse manure industry.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Let them come after us... this is so very wrong.

it'll be taken into the higher courts, and eventually it'll be found as not legal, because most p2p networks make no money, and unless the RIAA starts suing everyone who ever tape-traded, then this will have to be dropped. Fight it people. Don't cave into these asses.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

No offense to anyone, but if you're gonna post something this off topic, at least denote it as being "OT" in the topic heading. And if you are going to be posting something off-topic, make sure it's something worth posting. There are much better places where you can find out names of songs, etc. Google is a good start. I have nothing against off topic threads as long as they benefit the community and come out of the bonds and acquaintances some have formed here, but sometimes we have to remember what this board's purpose is.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I understand the problem with it. I mean they make music to get money, and were taking it for free. That said, be fan friendly, and it may just help. Dan Acroyd and Jim Belluci, brother of the late John, were on Last Call with Cason Daily the one time I watched it, and they were advertising their new Blues CD. They wanted us youngins to hear how good the Blues were and that all music comes from Blues. They told everyone listening to go download it and check it out. Seems smart to me. Come off fan friendly (which I think they really are), and get people to preview the music. I know I have downloaded some songs lately, but I'd like to buy the bands CD's now...

My main purpose for downloading is to hear a bands sound.  I have a 56k connection, so it takes me roughly 8-10 minutes to download a song.  If I like a band after downloading 1 or 2 songs, I'll go out and buy there CD.  An example is that on the 26th, I'm going to a concert.  Headlining the concert is The Used, one of my favorite bands.  and I had only heard one song from the 3 other bands combined, so I downloaded a few and now I plan on buying a CD of the other bands from the concert... cuz' they're cheaper there anyway.  But I don't want to spend over an hour downloading an entire CD.  I like listening to alot of bands, and the bottomline is that if they don't make money, they're passion for music may not keep them playing... and I want bands like The Used coming out with new songs stuff.

IUe6Hvh.png

My main purpose for downloading is to hear a bands sound

Exactly. The RIAA is so full of s*it. I've bought MORE CDs since Napster than before. Now I can get into new bands even faster...hear their sound. I would never even have known of half of my favorite artists otherwise. SOmebody says, "Hey, check out Ian Moore." Am I going to hunt it down and buy it on that referral? No, but I download 2-3 songs and I'm in love. Bought all his CDs, saw him in concert twice. Money in HIS pocket.

And that doesnt even begin to discuss the rare, unreleased, foreign stuff you cant find in stores anywhere that there is no other way on earth to get.

The real problem is the industry has had full control to manipulate our tastes, what we buy and how much it is for far too long unchecked. All the radio stations in the nation fall under the same dang company and force feed us all the same 8 songs all day. This is supposed to happen. It has to happen. Its a reckoning. It's the French Revolution..music style.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

way off topic, but i'll chime in...

I too agree with the masses about mp3's helping more than hurting, in my case anyways.

I was a passive music fan, one week a buddy of mine downloaded 1400 mp3's to my harddrive, 6GBs and a year later I am addicted to all the music on the list.  Stuff I never heard of before, stuff I never thought I'd ever listen to.

My CD collection was at 4 before this list.  I started buying CDs again in April of this year.  I now have 43 albums.

MP3s work in the artists favour, especially the independent artists.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I could understand the artists' anger, but the artists I'm referring to are well known artists. Metallica have enough money to live many lives. I should point out, it's the record companies that profit the most from the sale of albums. I should also make a point that one CD creates 2 lbs. of carbon-dioxide.

Lately albums have more than just music, like exclusive video clips and websties. I still buy CDs just for the music just because I love the artist so much I am willing to pay for non-distorted music and help them make more high-quality songs. Yanni, Michael Bolton, John Tesh... Just Kidding!

I have dramtically reduced my downloads to about one a week! I've got other things to worry about..... like posting on this board. :D

Yes, I do think that independent artists benefit from all this technology today because they can produce a studio quality sound and get exposure for a small price!

I saw, I came, I left.

The irony of it all is the RIAA is sueing people claiming they've lost revenue, when there is no proof that a person who downloaded a song or CD would have gone out and bought a copy instead if not for p2p.

I used to download to hear something new or to get a copy of a hard to find or out-of-print song. I've stopped, but it doesn't mean I'm suddenly buying more CDs. The RIAA are fools alienating a generation of fans.

The real problem is the complete drek being produced and forced on the masses.

Archived