Rangers Win 15-Round Shootout

Shmee

And if you're having trouble getting that stream to play, just google "malik goal" cause there's plenty of sites with the video up.

Ah, found it. Not bad at all, especially from a guy his size. I saw someone do it--again, in a shootout--at a tournament I played in in Toronto a few years ago, couldn't believe he had the cajones to try it, never mind that he made it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, the shootout is the best thing to happen to hockey since 1994. If only but for one season, it's new, it's exciting, and it's a lot better than ending it in a tie. How any sport could allow ties is beyond me. Can you imagine how unsatisfying it would've been had the Giants/Seahawks game ended in a tie? That's not what happens in sports; there's a winner, or there's a loser.

And the NHL can't afford to have regular season games going 5OTs like playoff games do.

One more thing: in two years when the NHL goes back to ESPN, I think that it'll hit a popularity point it hasn't seen since '94. If poker, of all things, can captivate the viewing public, then surely a sport that's actually a sport and actually exciting can as well.

The NHL prides itself on having the most rigorous playoffs in the world. It's the only major sport where a team has to win 4 games in every round.

Submitted for your approval: The NBA playoffs

Apples and Oranges in the NBA the team wit the most talent has the home court edge and wins 80% of the time. In the NHL a hot goalie can change everything and make even a 1 vs 8 series a 7-game war.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's the game stripped down to its bare essence when all other means have failed.

It's a team sport stripped down to an individual achievement. Where does that have any place in a team sport to decide a game?

We'll never agree, I'm sure, and while I'm pretty positive you guys see my side as I see yours, to me it will always be a tainted way to win.

Exactly--it's a team game--it's a poor way to decide it with a contrivance base don individual achievement.

Shootouts suck in hockey.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived