Name my Fantasy Minor League Baseball Team

TBGKon

I am in need of a name for my team in the proposed Minor League Baseball Fantasy League. I'm not too good at naming my teams, so this is why I open it up to you all, my peers.

The team will be located in Clearwater, Florida. I want it to be classy, but with a minor league flair. If you have an idea, post it here and I will keep tally of the ones up for the vote. Thanks a lot!!!

Top 4 names up for consideration

Clearwater Cutters (Coast Guard ships and "Cutter" is a baseball term)

Clearwater Canes (after hurricanes and sugar cane)

Clearwater Conquistadors (to keep with Florida's Spanish roots)

Clearwater Clippers(sounds good)

Oh honored Magic Eight Ball, tell me true, should the team be named the Clearwater Canes?

(Sound of vigorous shaking)

"Signs Point to Yes."

Thank you, wise Magic Eight Ball. I beseech you to answer one more question: Does the Canes name refer to hurricanes, to Florida's sugar-cane industry, or to both?

"Without a Doubt."

What? Insightful Magic Eight Ball, you confuse me. I'll leave you in peace now and ponder on your replies in hopes of cultivating my own wisdom.

"Don't Count on It."

20082614447.png

Clippers

Claws (with a stone crab mascot or something to that effect)

Both tie into the local heritage and, personally, I like the alliteration (particularly for a minor league team).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Moops.

Would the logo be a bubble boy?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived