Blue Jackets Concept

Shumway

Great work. Since you seem to be the accommodating sort...Ditch the red sleeve stripe go with white. The red and lime green just don't work for me. If you really want cojones...white pants ala the '74 Caps.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Great work. Since you seem to be the accommodating sort...Ditch the red sleeve stripe go with white. The red and lime green just don't work for me. If you really want cojones...white pants ala the '74 Caps.

Do you mean replace all red with white? Or just on the green jersey.

I think I'll pass on the white pants though.

Great work. Since you seem to be the accommodating sort...Ditch the red sleeve stripe go with white. The red and lime green just don't work for me.  If you really want cojones...white pants ala the '74 Caps.

Do you mean replace all red with white? Or just on the green jersey.

I think I'll pass on the white pants though.

Just on the green jersey. Even if you put thin white piping between the green & red. It's just the lime touching the red is jarring. Come on try the white pants. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Shumway, I have to comment that all of these would be a great update for the Jackets, also whats strange is, this is an awesome use of green, my first time saying this. Well keep it up Shum, cuz these concepts are awesome.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Well, here goes. There's 3 here(obviously). The first was an idea from queman to separate the blue green from the red, which I thought was a good idea. The 2nd is just a fun one. Queman kept bringing up the white pants of the Capitals, so I decided to throw em on...they look terrible. I added some white as well, just to accomodate it. The third one, I actually kind of like. The idea came to me actually when I was doing the 2nd one. So anyways, here goes:

Jackets5.png

The first one isn't awful, but I think the red sleeves make it look a little off.

The second one's a no-no. There's really no red on the uniform and that white doesn't go with the green.

I like that third one a lot, actually. Good use of the red, too. It's obviously an interesting color for a jersey, but it doesn't look too bad with the blue shorts and blue and red sleeves.

Good job, again.

teamsnew2.png

Alright, well, here's the 3rd installment. I've added a dark jersey, which I'm liking at this point. Not sure if I should put the red shoulders on the white jersey or not.

Jackets3.png

I think those are awesome.

FYI: I liked the red pants.........With the red eyes, red HAS to be in there somewhere.

Also, I think the Stinger logo(thats what the one guy called it) is a really good logo. Why did they get rid of it?!!

SigReflect.png

Not a fan of Stinger at all. A green bug has nothing to do with the Blue Jackets name. Keep him as a mascot but leave him and the green off the jerseys. It would be like the Canadiens having an orange Youppi shoulder patch or the Maple Leafs with a Carlton the Bear logo.

Can't please everybody though and for me it's just not my cup of tea.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Thanks for humoring me with the white pants. I guess I should have told ya to e mail me first if they looked that bad to save you from the embarrassment. I did like the addition of white to the jersey though.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Thanks for humoring me with the white pants. I guess I should have told ya to e mail me first if they looked that bad to save you from the embarrassment. I did like the addition of white to the jersey though.

Oh, I was fully expecting them to look terrible. It's not embarassing at all to me to post it. I'm giving the fans, in this case probably only you, what they want to see. I like to have fun with my concepts, which is why I make so many ridiculous ones such as ALF and Hulk Hogan. Anyways, as for a final set, I'm gonna see what red pants would look like because I personally liked them better. But for the final jerseys, it's gonna be the two that Big Shoop just "quoted". I don't know that I'll include an alt, but if I do have a green alt, it'll be the far right one in the set of three.

Well, here's the final group. I tried the red pants, but it just didn't look right with all the uniforms. I'm all about tradition, so I wasn't about to have red pants with some jerseys, and blue with others. So, anyways, here's my 3....I kept a green alt just for kicks, although it is somewhat horrendous.

JacketsFinal.png

Edit: It appears as though Theo Fleury is on the far right. Either that, or the other two are modeled by Zdeno Chara.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived