Blue Jackets Concept

Shumway

Well, this might not go over too well, but I gave it a whirl. I tried to actually utilize the neon green in the Jackets' uniforms. I think it sets the Jackets apart from the other teams in the league. I used the bug head logo, which I'm still not sure about. I gather I'm in the minority in that I don't like their current alt. Anyways, enough talk, here's what I've done...lemme know what you think.

Note: I didn't really do anything to the socks or pants, I just focused on the jersey. This is sort of a rough draft, I guess you could say.

BlueJackets.png

Oh yeah, let me know if you're having trouble seeing the image. I had a problem with my Photobucket, but I think it's fixed now.

Wow, that's quite cool! The red on the gloves does seem out of place, and the yellow stripe should be bordered by another colour, maybe red, maybe black. The red pants look okay with the jersey, but isn't great together. The logo on its own is AWESOME though, BRAVO.

This is real nice. I love that logo, adn the green having more use. I'd have to agree on the red shorts looking out of place. Either add some red to the uni, on the sleeves or shoulder, or on the bottom stripe of the sweater, or ditch the red pants. Good idea, and good job.

teamsnew2.png

Well, here's try #2....completely getting rid of the red. I'm not so sure about it. It seems like there needs to be red somewhere since it's in the logo, but I just can't get the red to look right. I also added the cap to the bug. Keep your thoughts coming!

Jackets2.png

Oh yeah, FYI- they sell a practice jersey with just the bug's head on it. That's basically where I got the idea from, since I bought one of those jerseys the minute I saw it. Unfortunately, they jacked the price up $40 since I got mine....I guess that's why it took almost 3 months to actually arrive.

2nd Row, far right

I think it needs red as an accent colour... but I'm not sold on red pants with the white jersey. With the blue it'd look better, but they look weird with the white.

I like this idea--I always liked the bug, myself. It was weird, but I dug what they were going for.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like the first one better myself. I don't mind the red pants with the white jersey with blue trim at all.

I like the bug with the hat logo better. Perhaps a little red trim on the green striping?

Heck, make the jersey green!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Heck, make the jersey green!

I don't think I'm gonna go that far, but I think I might stick with the first jersey with, keep the logo of the 2nd, and then keep the blue pants. I'll see how that looks. Should be up in a bit.

Alright, well, here's the 3rd installment. I've added a dark jersey, which I'm liking at this point. Not sure if I should put the red shoulders on the white jersey or not.

Jackets3.png

Edit: here's how it'd look if I added the red stripes to the white jersey...I'm not really liking it, but gimme your thoughts please:

Jackets4.png

As a Blue Jackets fan, I love the "re-introduction" of Stinger. I was mad as hell when they deleted his shoulder patch in favor of the cap logo. Of all the concepts, I think the first one has the best balance.

Also, I like the first Stinger logo you used without the sideways cap on...it looks cleaner and sleeker.

I love the update, and I think it's better than what they had now. I think they should have always used the lime more, even though a lot of people think it's ugly.

And I want to see a lime green alt too, but I'd suggest using a different crest (but you probably already knew that :P )

philly.png

Archived