Frylock's 500th Post Extravaganza

Frylock

Yes, I have finally made it to post #500. It's taken me just over three years to get to it, but that's what happens when you choose when and when not to post things, making sure every word counts for something.

Before I get to the reason for posting this, I just want to thank Chris and YzerFan19 for making this place possible. After the early days of this board on some server I can't remember, and on to FanHome ( :puke: ) with other stops here and there, THIS board is awesome. Thank you, gentlemen, and thank you to all of the great posters. :notworthy:

Okay... Enough of the wishy-washy, touchy-feely mushy stuff! On to some fun stuff. Way back in the day (my first day here, actually) my first post on the board was a WHA Concept Project, a "WHAt if..." if you will.

Well, lacking any great creativity, I decided to revisit it to celebrate my 500th post. I've taken the newer, streamlined Roger Clemente template, my abilities with PhotoShop, and better font resources from Roger and Eriq Jaffe, and threw 'em all together to bring you... WHAt if...? Part 2!

I've kept the same idea from the first go-round, in that tradition isn't always going to play a part in these designs. Not to the extreme of Nike or Reebok, just some non-traditional ideas here and there. Instead of using the SP wordmark for the manufacturer as I did before, I'm using the Reebok logo, FWIW. I've also tweaked some of the logos, and adjusted colors a bit as though they might have evolved over the past 25+ years. Also, in this series, I'm only doing the teams that played in at least one regular season game, except for the Ottawa Civics.

On to the concepts!!!

Baltimore Blades -- Home, Road, Alternate

Birmingham Bulls/Toronto Toros -- Home, Road

Calgary Cowboys -- Home, Road

Chicago Cougars -- Home, Road

Cincinnati Stingers -- Home, Road, Alternate

Cleveland Crusaders -- Home, Road, Alternate

Denver Spurs -- Home, Road

Edmonton Oilers -- Home, Road

Hartford Whalers -- Home, Road, Alternate

Houston Aeros -- Home, Road, Alternate

Indianapolis Racers -- Home, Road, Alternate

Los Angeles Sharks -- Home, Road, Alternate

Michigan Stags -- Home, Road

Minnesota Fighting Saints -- Home, Road, Alternate

New Jersey Knights -- Home, Road

New York Golden Blades -- Home, Road

New York Raiders -- Home, Road

Ottawa Nationals -- Home, Road

Phoenix Roadrunners -- Home, Road

Quebec Nordiques -- Home, Road

San Diego Mariners -- Home, Road

Vancouver Blazers -- Home, Road

Winnipeg Jets -- Home, Road, Alternate

WHA All-Stars -- Home, Road

As always, many thanks to Roger Clemente, Eriq Jaffe, CC, TheSLE - RIP, LogoServer, and everyone else who has helped with these concepts.

C&C always enjoyed and appreciated. And if you see any dead links, please let me know. Enjoy!!!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Congratulations on now having a member title. I enjoy your concepts and input and this set is no different. Well-thought-out and executed, this is a great bunch of sweaters that would mos def work in a modern day WHA. And with the best number, too! (#79 was my number when I played in high school)

Andy and BC -- Thank you for the kind words! :) Even though I recycled many of the designs from the first series, they are at least streamlined a little better, and I did put in a lot of time on these. If I had the money, I'd consider getting a couple of these made up as custom jerseys!

And yes, having a member title rool3z a11. All hail Humpty. :D

Andy and BC -- Thank you for the kind words! :) Even though I recycled many of the designs from the first series, they are at least streamlined a little better, and I did put in a lot of time on these. If I had the money, I'd consider getting a couple of these made up as custom jerseys!

And yes, having a member title rool3z a11. All hail Humpty. :D

Great stuff! The WHA never looked better. They look... phat.

... yeah, I called you fat - look at me! I'm skinny!

(Never stopped me from gettin' busy...) B)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

GREAT JOB! What sux is that you might not get the traffic it deserves because the post isn't very descriptive. I wasn't able to look at all of them this morning and I had a hard time remembring were the where.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• 1 month later...

Bringing this one back up... Kind of a bump, kind of an update...

1 -- I noticed the Michigan Stags links didn't work. They are now correct.

2 -- Modified the Indianapolis Racers concepts and added an alt for them. Why? Because I can, and because I wanted to. :D

Please feel free to share your opinions and ideas on these concepts. I may not modify them to fit the way you'd like to see them, but unlike some, I do appreciate hearing what you think.

Archived