Worst pep band songs.

sacker12

It's college basketball season again, and that also means it's pep band season. There are plenty of good songs such as " The Hustle" and "The Hey Song". However, there are some really bad ones. So, what is your least favorite pep band song.

Mine is "The Chicken Dance".

MOst of the ones I hate don't really have names. I just know them from the melody. In fact, the drum major usually doesn't even shout out a name...he just sings the tune and we all know what he means. Anything that are less than 8 bars long and just repeat over and over. Those stink.

The Hey Song is one of my favs. That or anything involving playing the other team's fight song. That always cracks me up.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

man oh man, I'm a member of the basketball band here at southeast missouri state. Overall our book is pretty good but there are a couple of songs that I can't stand to play at bball games. Off the top of my head I can think of "Love Shack" and "Pretty Woman". Why we play these I'll never know. However we have some pretty rockin' stuff by tower of power that we play a lot. Of course the hey songs is one of my favorites, its incredibly easy to play and it gets everyone in the arena excited.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Back in the olden days, when I was in band, we actually played "MacArthur Park". It was horrible.

But I really hated "On Wisconsin" just because it seemed that every rival we played had "On Wisconsin" as a school song. The only way I like that is when the University of Wisconsin band plays it ... if even that.

Archived