best logo ever

kmart6

It was Don Cherry team when that logo was taken

Interesting thing about the dog is, Don Cherry had the same terrier as a pet.

cherry_don_bio.jpg

I'm from Rochester, NY, and my understanding is that Don Cherry coached the Amerks or something. He's always had some kind of relationship with Rochester, but I've never been clear on what that is.

However, he's supposedly a household name in Canada. Is that right? What, exactly, does he do? And who is someone comparable in the US? Just curious..

I believe Cherry played for the Americans; I'm not sure if he ever coached them. He had a cup of coffee in the NHL as a player, but is better for for having coached the Bruins and Colorado Rockies.

That said, he's now more famous for his "Coach's Corner" segment during the first intermission of the early game on Hockey Night in Canada. And his rather loud suit jackets. That one is the photo is tame by comparison.

Rams80 is correct; his equivalent in the U.S. would be someone like maybe John Madden (although Cherry doesn't do colour commentary; I'm just talking magnitude of fame) or Terry Bradshaw (although Bradshaw never coached, to the best of my knowledge) or someone like that.

Also, the dog's name is Blue. Can't remember if it's a male or female, though.

Don't forget his Rock'em Sock'em Hockey tapes! Those are killer!

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Archived