College Coach of the Year

FightinIrish11

College Coach of the Year  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who should be college football's coach of the year?

• Mac Brown (Texas) (Back to Back Rose Bowls, 12-0 regular season)
  • George O'Leary (UCF) (turned around from 0-11 to 8-3)
  • Charlie Weis (Notre Dame) (lead Irish to BCS bowl, 9-2 record after 3 bad seasons)
  • Joe Paterno (Penn State) (Joe Must Go: Now Joe is great again. Big 10 Champs)
  • Greg Schiano (Rutgers) (7-4, first Rutgers Bowl since 1978)

with all due respect to pete carrol, i left him off because wasnt it kind of a given that USC should be where they are now?

get ready for a shocker, because my vote is NOT going to charlie weis :shocked:

had they beaten USC, then i would. but my vote is going to Joe Pa. he seemed to be on the verge of getting run out of state college, but brings this program back up to where it should be and leads them to an unexpected (share) of the big 10 and a BCS Bowl.

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

I think polls about actual sports should stay here. The "polls only" forum should be for those who wanna to see if Freddy Mercury looked better with a mustache and dumb plop like that.

As for COY, Pete Carroll. USC wouldn't be in the title game without him.

6uXNWAo.png

I think polls about actual sports should stay here. The "polls only" forum should be for those who wanna to see if Freddy Mercury looked better with a mustache and dumb plop like that.

As for COY, Pete Carroll. USC wouldn't be in the title game without him.

thank you. and personally i think freddy mercury looked better without it :D

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

I don't think he'll get the vote, and I think he's kind of an ass, but O'Leary gets my vote. To take a team that didn't win A game last year, and turn it around this year is impressive coaching. UCF is not really a recruiting force because of the competition around them. Every publication had UCF in the bottom 10 or 15 teams this year - no one gave them a chance.

Rutgers was close last year, so a slight improvement was expected.

Charlie Weis was taking over a decent Notre Dame team, and everyone knew a new philosophy would probably make them better.

USC would still be a great team even if Carroll was a terrible coach, mainly because you can't coach pure speed, and it doesn't take a rocket science to coach incredible talent. Reggie Bush would still be as dominating if Pete Carroll wasn't there.

Mack Brown's team was going to be good just because they had Vince Young, everyone knew that.

And JoePa could get a lot of votes, but I don't think he'll get them for whatever reason.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived