New Arsenal shirt leaked?

Gothamite

Looks like the new Arsenal shirt has been leaked to the Internet.

You can see pictures on the BigSoccer message boards.

This was originally posted on one of the fan sites, but Nike's lawyers called and had them removed.

Arsenal Mania article: "Nike were a bit pissed off over 2005/06 kit photos "

I like it. The current redcurrant throwback looks classy, but it's time for a return to red and white. Not sure about the sponsor (still looks like Chelsea to me), but on the whole, I love it. Much better than the shorts we wore last year.

I love those- especially the metalic gold as opposed to yellow like the last red/white shirts.

You're right, Gothamite- the redcurrents are classy, but only for this year. This will be very welcomed.

Looks good. I like that thre's no monkey business with the sleeves.

I'm thinking "Arab Emirates" might just be a little too touchy to wear on a shirt every week. I believe it's just "Emirates Stadium," anyway.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

I agree - unlike the last two red/whites, these have traditional sleeves. Big improvement.

Most Arsenal fans that I've talked with would prefer the airline's logo:

eklogo.gif

rather than the slogan. I'm not sure it's really all that touchy, actually. The problem is that Emirates used to sponsor Chelsea and that's the exact same graphic that appeared on Chelsea's shirts.

i like it so far... i agree with gothamite, i'd like to see the actual logo rather than the slogan, but im just glad that the design has gotten more simple. if you get rid of the gold, i think you have the perfect arsenal kit. i was assuming it would be a rather simple arsenal look to correspond to the new stadium.

i think you might disagree with this gothamite, but i'd also like to see the return to white socks.

I would much prefer the logo over the slogan.

But, the "Fly Emirates" appears on almost all of the airlines sponsored events and teams (see Collingwood Magpies) so the "Fly Emirates" is what the public is used to and also, the pubic will know that the company is promoting an airline, rather than just the country in general.

I saw, I came, I left.

I would much prefer the logo over the slogan.

But, the "Fly Emirates" appears on almost all of the airlines sponsored events and teams (see Collingwood Magpies) so the "Fly Emirates" is what the public is used to and also, the pubic will know that the company is promoting an airline, rather than just the country in general.

Exactly, quad.

It's like "Enjoy Coca Cola".

That's their marketing slogan.

Surely Fly Emirates tells you it's a commercial arrangement with a company involved in flight, where only the Arabic script and Emirates could be construed as being from the country UAE.

As for the shirts, a big improvment on the recent versions.

I don't know what it is about soccer shirts that seem to bring out the worst in designers.

They're red with white sleeves, surely you can't mess it up, yet the Gunners have had plenty of shocking versions of it, and don't get me started on the Away strips.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i think you might disagree with this gothamite, but i'd also like to see the return to white socks.

LOL! You'd be right.

Since the shorts are white, I'd like to see red socks. White socks would mean not enough red on the kit. For my taste, anyway.

My favorite kits (since the 1970s) are the first "O2" kits, and I think they look much better with red socks than white:

78491.jpg

thierry_henry.jpg

Still, I think this is a near-perfect shirt. It's simple and bold enough, but the gold stripe and cannon on the neck give it just enough details to work.

In any case, it's a huge improvement over last season's kits.

Archived