Inconsistant Fields of Play

kmw_29

I've never been a fan of the seating at the New Orleans arena... and the fact that it's colors match those of none of the teams that play there, I am given a thread in which I can bitch about it. It's just... a bunch of different shades of blue seating. ugly, if you ask me.

thumbnail.jpg

I like it. the superdome is similar, only crazier colors. i think it supposed to look like confetti....mardi gras...you know

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole color of the seats vs. team colors has nevered bothered me. I was figured that the stadiums were always used for different events.

It has always been my belief that seat color was picked to visual reasons. Teams can come and go as can their color set.

That and if the team is any good, you'll never notice what the colors of the seats are.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Luckily it's easy to find a picture of an empty Dolphins Stadium.

pro705.jpg

Although I see the point in having light colored seats in Miami due to the weather, but did they have to be orange?

The name doesn't help either.

Is it really that good for it to be that easy?

oBIgzrL.png

:D  :D  And this is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! Sorry its so big, but this picture illustrates it so perfectly I can't pass it up..

giants_stadium2.jpg

:P

Obviously the jets are liked better. :D

Either that or the jets felt ripped off because the stadium is named Giants stadium so they gave them a big sign.

Just another thing that comes with having 2 teams and 1 stadium.

oBIgzrL.png

What I can't figure out is the Miami Heat...they've had two sets of seats in a 6 year-old arena.

They went from this:

124.jpg

to this:

AAArena2.jpg

A change from yellow (majority of the seats), orange, red, and black seats...to 90% red seats and a "ribbon" of yellow seats. Were the original seats ordered before the Heat simplified the logo? I love the current look for its uniqueness.

Maybe marlinfan, HowboutthemFins, BgMack, or someone from that area can tell me when and why the change occured.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived