Inconsistant Fields of Play

kmw_29

I am new to posting... but... I have noticed that the LA Lakers court around the baselines is a lighter lavendar color, and does not match the purple in their unis. This always has bothered me, and I was wondering what other teams in the NBA, NFL, etc. have fields of play that don't match their uniforms and team colors. Any ideas?

lakers.jpg

lakers_07.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Pats switched from royal blue to navy blue in 2000, their end zone and 50-yard-line logos were still royal.

And I don't care what anyone says, I know red is a Pats color, but the walls at Gillette Stadium should not be red. The team doesn't look like it's playing at its home stadium when they're wearing NAVY BLUE JERSEYS! Paint the damn walls navy for crying out loud!

jeremypatsbig.jpg

The red doesn't bother me at all. As you say, it's a Patriots color. Gold trim is pretty prominent at Lambeau Field, and I think it looks great.

As for another disconnect between team and stadium, I can think of two.

Miller Park is all dark green and sage - very little evidence of the team colors anywhere.

Yankee Stadium is all light blue - the seats, the walls, everything. No navy at all.

PNC Park has all blue seats, however thats the same blue the pirates used in Forbes Field and they wanted PNC park to look classic.

But that doesnt explain everything else being blue {lights, supports etc.}

pnc_park_inside_overall.jpg

however Heinz feild uses all gold seats which matches with the steelers gold.

heinzfield.jpg

and mellon arena has no pens colors whatsoever.

pittsburgh026.jpg

oBIgzrL.png

Miller Park is all dark green and sage - very little evidence of the team colors anywhere.

I think MLB prefers it that way for the "old time" feel. Camden Yards is the same way, at least in terms of seats, etc.

On the other hand, I know the NFL suggests/requires(?) seats to be in team colors, so no-shows are harder to pick out. Thus the sea of purple seats at M&T Bank Stadium and the burgundy (did I get it right, gregjigga :P ) and horrendous yellow at FedEx Field.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I really like dark color seats in baseball stadiums (dark green, dark blue.) I think PNC park looks great. I'm very dissapointed that the Phillies went to a nearly Royal blue for their seats (but anything beats the old rainbow seats in the Vet and 3 Rivers.)

The Lakers court thing has bothered me for a while too. I can't think of another bad example, though. Maybe the Sixers first year or two in the Corestates / F.U. / Wachovia center, when they had a black lane, but no black in their scheme. I guess that was a sign of things to come.

Lincoln Financial Field not only has midnight green seats for the lower and upper level, but grey seats in the club level. Matches the team's scheme very nicely. They also have seats on both sides of the upper level that are colored in such a way that when viewed from afar look like the team's logo.

lincoln32.JPG

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lincoln Financial Field not only has midnight green seats for the lower and upper level, but grey seats in the club level. Matches the team's scheme very nicely. They also have seats on both sides of the upper level that are colored in such a way that when viewed from afar look like the team's logo.

lincoln32.JPG

The logo thing is nice, but what if philly changes thier logo?

Thats going to cost some money to recolor it.

oBIgzrL.png

I really like dark color seats in baseball stadiums (dark green, dark blue.) I think PNC park looks great. I'm very dissapointed that the Phillies went to a nearly Royal blue for their seats (but anything beats the old rainbow seats in the Vet and 3 Rivers.)

The Lakers court thing has bothered me for a while too. I can't think of another bad example, though. Maybe the Sixers first year or two in the Corestates / F.U. / Wachovia center, when they had a black lane, but no black in their scheme. I guess that was a sign of things to come.

lincoln32.JPG

Invesco Field at Mile High also used colored seats in the upper level to look like the Broncos logo.

invesco1035gm.jpg

Don't the 49ers use orange seats?

Thats probably because candlestick was originally built as a baseball only facility for the giants, it was later remodeled for multi purpose.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

When the Pats switched from royal blue to navy blue in 2000, their end zone and 50-yard-line logos were still royal.

And I don't care what anyone says, I know red is a Pats color, but the walls at Gillette Stadium should not be red. The team doesn't look like it's playing at its home stadium when they're wearing NAVY BLUE JERSEYS! Paint the damn walls navy for crying out loud!

jeremypatsbig.jpg

The Patriots logo and wordmark on the field don't make it look like they're playing at home?

lincoln32.JPG

The logo thing is nice, but what if philly changes thier logo?

Thats going to cost some money to recolor it.

So this photo... was it taken at Temple's homecoming?

The red doesn't bother me at all. As you say, it's a Patriots color. Gold trim is pretty prominent at Lambeau Field, and I think it looks great.

As for another disconnect between team and stadium, I can think of two.

Yankee Stadium is all light blue - the seats, the walls, everything. No navy at all.

Don't forget, Gothamite, that when Miller Park was originally designed, green was a part of the team's color scheme, so I'm not counting that one.

Plus, team-colored seats seem to look better in football stadiums than baseball stadiums, unless it's a darker color (dark blue, dark green, black, etc.)

QPR%20Sig.png

I think MLB prefers it that way for the "old time" feel. Camden Yards is the same way, at least in terms of seats, etc.

It's the same way at Jacobs Field. I wonder if it might have something to do with keeping a dark backdrop so the ball is easier to follow for the players. Not that it would matter when all the seats are filled...

BB52Big.jpg

Archived