Penn State Football Jeresy Question

HatManTC

I like the Johnny Rodger's 1973 Orange Bowl throwback they have, but there's one problem with it: it's red. Nebraska wore white jerseys in that game.

Likewise with Kosar's '84 Orange Bowl jersey.

Someone on here found 4 or 5 inconsistancies with the Barry Sanders Oklahoma State jersey. I guess Nike can't afford a "fact checking" department. All their payroll is tied up in the "designing uniforms of the future" department.

I like the Johnny Rodger's 1973 Orange Bowl throwback they have, but there's one problem with it: it's red. Nebraska wore white jerseys in that game.

They made 2 jerseys for each team. 1 that they actually "wore" that's the right color, which is sold to 1 or 2 "official" outlets (ie, M Den and Moe's for Michigan), and the team color jersey with the patch, sold to the other retailers. My problem is that the jerseys are incredibly weak. Take the Michigan one for instance. Having been a part of that 00 Orange Bowl team, I'm annoyed at the inaccuracies.

For instance, the jersey sold is a replithentic jersey, replica material with sewn-on numbers. We didn't have sewn on numbers in 1999. Not until 2005, in fact. Also, the swoosh is under the collar, like the replicas. Most importantly, they forgot the "Big Jonny Special", screened print on the right shoulder that we wore for that game, that you can see on the pic of Dave Terrell below.

163241-x.jpg

00Terrell.jpg

spikes.jpg

The 2000 Orange Bowl has to rank as one of the most painful games I've ever watched. My cousin who played for Bama back then had nightmares for like a week afterwards.

I heard rumors that a Jay Barker 1993 Sugar Bowl jersey was coming out. Did that happen?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Someone on here found 4 or 5 inconsistancies with the Barry Sanders Oklahoma State jersey. I guess Nike can't afford a "fact checking" department. All their payroll is tied up in the "designing uniforms of the future" department.

I don't think it was their intention to create anything that could be considered an authentic throwback. These are meant to be some sort of commemoration of the game.

I would bet the inaccuracies are deliberate, so that no one tries to pass them off as the real thing. They don't bother me, but, then again, I'm not gonna get one anyway.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived