New Uni Watch (year in review)

HatManTC

The Oregon Ducks are bored. And who can blame them? The season is 10 games old and they've worn only seven different uniforms (this, this, this, this, this, this and this).

wow....wonder if they will pull another new one out in the bowl

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

Don't doubt for a second that Paul Lukas doesn't get leads from this board. The Eyre picture he used for the note below came straight from my original post on the Cubs: old post link

The Cubs introduced Juan Pierre with a name-inclusive jersey (just as they did with Bobby Howry and Scott Eyre), fueling further speculation that they'll be restoring player names to their home jerseys next season. But Uni Watch has confirmed, once again, that the Cubbies' home unis are slated to remain nameless in 2006 and that the jerseys used in the news conferences are just for photo-op purposes.

Don't doubt for a second that Paul Lukas doesn't get leads from this board. The Eyre picture he used for the note below came straight from my original post on the Cubs: old post link
The Cubs introduced Juan Pierre with a name-inclusive jersey (just as they did with Bobby Howry and Scott Eyre), fueling further speculation that they'll be restoring player names to their home jerseys next season. But Uni Watch has confirmed, once again, that the Cubbies' home unis are slated to remain nameless in 2006 and that the jerseys used in the news conferences are just for photo-op purposes.

And why not? He couldn't possibly find as much uni-related news as the hundreds of people on this board, and if we find something interesting it's not like he can just act as though it doesn't exist.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

No doubt, and he does give a nice thank you at the end of the column -- but he mines this board more than we probably realize. I think his readers who e-mail and this board probably do most of the work for him, and he just takes it to the mainstream on ESPN.

Not complaining, but his column often follows the path of the board's monthly/weekly/whatever topics. It seems he is a lurker who maybe ought to be a vocal part of the community. Not saying he needs to comment on every concept, but maybe a post now and then. He could post his column or maybe even a leak or two.

All I'm saying is that he takes from the community, so maybe he should give as well (and I don't mean all the newbies when he posts a link here).

That was an interesting argument for those stupid tights, the arena's really cold thanks to the ice below the court. Hmm.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived