NFL Primetime

Cujo

Yesterday morning, I caught the end of a replay of ESPN's NFL Primetime and it was as if Chris Berman and Tom Jackson were saying their goodbyes as if the show was coming to an end after 19 years.

Does somebody know if Primetime is getting cancelled next season, or exactly what's going on?? If it is the end, that sucks! :(

6uXNWAo.png

Because NBC has the Sunday night Game and will have a pre-game show ESPN can not air NFL Primetime at the time it is now. They may move it to a different time whether it be Sunday Night at say mid-night or Monday Night. But Primetime as we no it will be gone.

Because NBC has the Sunday night Game and will have a pre-game show ESPN can not air NFL Primetime at the time it is now. They may move it to a different time whether it be Sunday Night at say mid-night or Monday Night. But Primetime as we no it will be gone.

Are you sure about that? That sounds awfully strange that an NFL partnered-network can't show highlights of afternoon games while there is a pre-game show on another NFL-partnered network. Fox has done the "OT" while ESPN had "Primetime" on the air. And if it's a pre-game thing, ESPN has had a pre-game show for years while other pre-game shows and the morning games were on Fox and CBS.

I don't see why this would be any different.

Plus, couldn't ESPN tape Primetime, then show it after the 11 pm Sportscenter, as ESPN has done in the past?

I haven't seen anything else about Primetime being canceled...it just seems strange that NBC has all the exclusivity from 7pm ET to midnight on a Sunday.

Also - Curty, the weird thing is ESPN usually has a 30-minute Primetime for the playoffs, so it's weird that Chris and Tommy would be saying goodbye and ending the thing after the regular season.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've never heard that it is being cancelled, but Berman and Jackson really did look like they were showing their last episode ever. They had a flashback to the first episode in 1987 and the "goodbye" really seemed like a permanent one. I always thought that the NFL might not like "Primetime" because it gives people extensive highligts of all games and perhaps they may not watch the games. Actually, since I started watching Primetime, I really don't watch regular season games anymore that do not involve the Vikings.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

From what I have read Primetime is simply moving to Mondays before the Monday Night Game. It will probably be re-worked a little since it's not going to be as immediate as it is on Sunday nights. But I read an article somewhere stating that Primetime isn't going anywhere except Monday night. I'll try to find where I read it and post a link.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived