Is it right?

Alphabet Man

...when commenting to say straight out things like 'my works is better than yours', 'yours is :censored:' and those type of lines

basically what im gettin at is you all see that Scud banner in my sig, yeh well i posted on another board, never used photoshop in my life, but ppl were asking if they could use it, so i made a note to put it on there own space and that type of stuff, then come the commetns like those above, gees i thought if you havent got anythign nice to say you dont say it at all, i posted that i dont like half this guys stuff but i dotn go aroudn saying i dont like it.....

im just wodnering is it right to say sometihng is :censored: without offering any help....i dont know i thoguht it was quite rude

it may not be the best out there but its the first time ive used it, was meant as a joke and i get commetns saying it is all :censored:......

not sure if this is the right place for this but i thought it does need to be highlighted as i am very pissed off, as you would as a 15y.o. getting remarks liek this from people that spend 24/7 making banners.....

i would like ya thoughts on this fellas

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

No it's not right. you can say that something isn't that good in terms that do not require profanity, and unless the commentators in question offer suggestions (REAL suggestions) on how to improve, the comments are completely unneeded.

Poop in there shoes. That usually shuts them up :P

/agree

there are some kids out there who NEVER say the type of stuff they write to your face. Hell the internet allows wussies to say whatever without getting into trouble.

now a good C&C for you on your sig is this:

On your fonts, chances are you have it on 'crisp'. I would change it to 'smooth' or 'strong'. The option on that is right besides the 'aa' on your font tools on photoshop.

I agree with the negative comments , ppl come on here including me for some opions on how to imporve my concept, and hearing the negative comments, is just plain rude, so there should be someway to stop this, because ppl come on here to ask for help , and opions and ways to improve their concepts, and when ppl put hard work into their conepts and ppl come and have negative comments to it, i say IMO, not cool, and should be stoped.

4kv29i.jpg

No, it's not right at all. The thing is, everybody is new to this stuff at some point in their lives. The first concepts I ever did were just recolorings of NFL logos. Now that I took the time and started using Illustrator I can make my own logos. People just need to remember that we've all been there, new to the software and the creative process and they need to back off. If you have nothing informative or helpful to say, than don't reply. This site is normally a great place for designers to evolve and improve their work because of the respect for design that MOST people in this place have.

I agree that you can say that you don't like something without nescessarily offering a "fix" however that doesn't really give the critic much in the way of credibility. I don't like the fact some people simply flame something because they hate it by including profanity or just saying that something sucks.

P.S. Oregon's football unis F(beep)g suck.

BroncosSig.jpg

I concur. I think that the more enlightened and intelligent patrons of this board always give designers a decent and respectful critique of their work. I think that if you are going to critisize some ones work, offer some helpful insight on what you think they might want to look at changing. I believe this is the best way to make friends on this board and get helpful insight in return.

Bengalssuck.jpg

I concur. I think that the more enlightened and intelligent patrons of this board always give designers a decent and respectful critique of their work. I think that if you are going to critisize some ones work, offer some helpful insight on what you think they might want to look at changing. I believe this is the best way to make friends on this board and get helpful insight in return.

thanks, thats why i love you guys here on this board....always there to help improve....

now a good C&C for you on your sig is this:

On your fonts, chances are you have it on 'crisp'. I would change it to 'smooth' or 'strong'. The option on that is right besides the 'aa' on your font tools on photoshop.

thanks ill try fix that....it took me bloody ages just to bloody find how to type on that thing, then i realsied i had the wrong colour, no wonder i oculdnt see it lol

Archived