Packers set to name coach

dwertman

Are you kidding me??? The 49ers "O" sucks!

If the Jets hired a guy like that, I seriously consider jumping ship ... kinda like how Brett Favre probably will now.

6uXNWAo.png

Why in the world would they hire him? I'm glad I'm not a Packers fan....

Why wouldn't they hire a guy who has proven that he can be a winner?

I agree, that just did it, Favre will retire.

They just fired a guy whos a proven winner,only losing season he had in his 5 years in GB was this year.

Im kinda wondering if theyre trying to coax Favre into staying around,McCarthy was QB coach in GB in 99,and he will probably implement the same "West Coast" system,so Favre wont have to learn a new system like he was so vocal about not having to do.

Most of the guys in the Packer chat i was just in have him rated as there 2nd choice of the guys on the list.He was 4th on mine lol

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archersย - MLF

ย 

I heard somewhere that Mariucci was taking the year off and not doing interveiws. I was hoping he would land in Green Bay to maybe keep Favre there another year. Maybe this McCarthy guy will though. Who knows?

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah Mooch has said hes taking the year off,if not for that then i personally am certain we would be talkin about him as the new coach instead of Mike McCarthy

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archersย - MLF

ย 

I am a little confused. He led a pretty good Offense in New Orleans a couple years ago. But in San Fran has done squat.

There's no doubt Ted Thompson wanted to hire a young guy for the rebuilding process, and there's no doubt he wanted an Offensive Coordinator. That combined with the fact that he's had ties with Green Bay before and his specialty is developing young Quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers) is the reason he was hired.

He seems like a no nonsense type of guy and smart as well. I still would've loved it if we hired Jim Bates instead. Because we might lose him now and he is one of the best coordinators in the NFL. I guess he was just to old, and didn't fit the rebuilding plan.

I'll wait to pass judgement, but I'm skeptical.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I am a little confused. He led a pretty good Offense in New Orleans a couple years ago. But in San Fran has done squat.

There's no doubt Ted Thompson wanted to hire a young guy for the rebuilding process, and there's no doubt he wanted an Offensive Coordinator. That combined with the fact that he's had ties with Green Bay before and his specialty is developing young Quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers) is the reason he was hired.

He seems like a no nonsense type of guy and smart as well. I still would've loved it if we hired Jim Bates instead. Because we might lose him now and he is one of the best coordinators in the NFL. I guess he was just to old, and didn't fit the rebuilding plan.

I'll wait to pass judgement, but I'm skeptical.

I'm willing to give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt for last season. Honestly, what weapons did the 49ers have on offense? Kevan Barlow? Alex Smith? Okay, Brandon Lloyd showed flashes of brilliance, but that was early in the season when Tim Rattay was throwing him the ball (before Rattay got traded to Tampa Bay, that one's still a head-scratcher for me). The Saints had a pretty good offense during McCarthy's time there, so hopefully that's a more accurate representation of what he brings to the table.

One of our local radio guys assessed McCarthy's hire like this (and I share this opinion): we could have hired either the next Andy Reid or the next Marty Morninwheg to coach this team. Time will tell how this hire works out.

QPR%20Sig.png

Well, they just showed a soundbite of Mike Nolan saying:

"(McCarthy) laid a great offensive foundation for us while he was here."

He did? Did I miss that part? When did it happen?

For the record:

The 49ers finished 4-12, ranking last in the league in yards per game (224.2) and 30th in scoring (14.9 points per game).

As I said earlier........nice hire.

Archived