Marc Potvin dead

Mac the Knife

I thought someone did mention it. I was talking about it with someone at the Lock Monsters game tonight. We remembered a few games he played against Lowell when he was with Springfield.

Sad news, indeed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This was a shock to say the least....38 years old is way too young to be getting the tap on the shoulder from the Guy Upstairs.

Saw Potvin play when he was in the A (with the old Adirondack Red Wings & with the P-Bruins), and in the NHL with the Wings, Kings, and Whalers..He wasn't that bad of a coach with Springfield (in spite of the lousy job Phoenix did with stocking that team) and did a very solid job with the Adirondack IceHawks/Frostbite in the UHL (led them to a division championship last season)...

I gave him hell quite often last season (and a bit this season) in his visits to Danbury with the Frostbite, but he was a classy guy off the ice....last year during the playoffs (which Danbury won in 6 over the favored and higher ranked 'Bite), he made it a point to give the rowdies in Section 102 at the DIA (where I sit) a thumbs-up at the end of Game 6 and took the time to talk with some of us Danbury fans as the 'Bite were making their way out from the arena for the trip back to Glens Falls.

He'll be missed, that's for sure...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived