Walgreens plans to get new logo

Joshawaggie

This generation doesn't identify with the mortar and pestle. Now if they use a syringe or a marijuana joint that'd get everyone in the store!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This generation doesn't identify with the mortar and pestle.  Now if they use a syringe or a marijuana joint that'd get everyone in the store!

The what and what? Is that the bowl with the big stick in it?? :upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I know they are different, and I know they are too old both to worry about lawsuits, so that's not what I'm saying here, but...

If Walgreens starts to play up just the W, that's gonna look a lot like the Nationals cap logo. Of course, it won't be that confusing at all because of where it will be used.

Also, it won't matter too much given this bit from the article.

The final logo will incorporate the ?W? inside the mortar and pestle, says President and COO Jeffrey Rein.

Think of the marketing though. Just imagine:

Jose Vidro: I GET MY STERIODS FROM WALGREENS AND YOU SHOULD TOO!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The final logo will incorporate the ?W? inside the mortar and pestle, says President and COO Jeffrey Rein.

Oddly enough, this logo is already used on the Enter/Exit signs outside of a Walgreens here in Tinley Park. It's been there for quite some time, and it looks pretty nice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived