Blues Visit Pentagon

lowey

Must be the "thing to do" in the NHL. The Flyers were just there a few weeks ago.

I had seen an article on ESPN saying that there was a bid coming in for the Blues from a group headed by a former Detroit Pistons front office guy. I haven't seen anything else on it though.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

The last I heard his "exclusive negotiating rights" expired a couple of weeks ago. Its hard this year. I just want them to stay in St. Louis with an owner who is passionate about hockey. There has been rumors of local groups coming forward to make an offer, but nothing solid yet. Please let the drama end!

Blues Visit Pentagon

Maybe they were learning some defense... Oh well.

Seriously, the Blues need a new owner fast! As a lifelong Blues fan, this season is oh so hard to watch.

Why stop only at the Pentagon? They badly need to go to a military base to learn offense...

If the champions get to visit the White House and a losing team goes to the Pentagon, then where do the other teams end up? The CIA? :rolleyes:

I saw, I came, I left.

Bill Laurie isn't the brightest guy. He's going to have mucho trouble getting his asking price for a stripped down team playing in a arena subject to an excessive ticket tax by an incompetent city of st. louis (btw, the city got rid of the tic tax for the rams for the dome and for the cards as part of new busch's financing)...the blues paid for their own arena...yet they get no respect.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Bill Laurie isn't the brightest guy. He's going to have mucho trouble getting his asking price for a stripped down team playing in a arena subject to an excessive ticket tax by an incompetent city of st. louis (btw, the city got rid of the tic tax for the rams for the dome and for the cards as part of new busch's financing)...the blues paid for their own arena...yet they get no respect.

And when St. Louis had it's boxing climax last year with Corey Spinks, there was talk about waiving the tax to get more boxing matches.

Lauries dumb, the city govt. is dumb.

There's a lot of reasons why this team could be moved, but in the end, I think we fans strong willed enough (plus the league owners know how we can support a team...given the way this years been, support now is even decent) to keep the team in St. Louis.

This year hurts bad though.

Is Cuban still interested in buying the blues or was that just a story?

I think that was more of an online rumor/wishful thinking.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived